Options

Help and Motivation with 70-640

mguernseymguernsey Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I really really need some help with the 70-640. I've been sloooooowwwwly working my way through the MS Press book, reading the sections and doing the practice exercises, but it honestly feels like I'm going through the motions. I can do the exercises, but I don't feel like I'm actually processing and filing the information away. I'm sitting here right now just staring at my book and I want to hurl it away because it doesn't feel like I'm getting anything out of it. I've also bought the MCTS Cert Guide from Don Poulton but I've only glanced at it (because I wanted to first get through the MS Press book - probably a mistake). I have also purchased the Windows Server 2008 R2 Complete Study Guide from William Panek as an additional study resource, but it's been several months since I looked it over (need to review).

How do you people keep yourselves going, especially when you look at how much you know you have to learn? I'm losing my mind and motivation and it's gotten me pretty down at the moment. The looming deadline for completing my MCITP:SA certs is also weighing heavily on me - I keep hearing the ticking of a clock, and it's not a very soothing sound.

Comments

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Spend your time going though technet, labs and doing the Kaplan self test exams. The official book is not very good.
  • Options
    Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    The way i did the exams was to just read through the book cover to cover doing none of the practical bits. Then when had read it I went through it again labbing everything till I knew it. Then when I thoughti knew everthing I then went onto tech net to see what i was missing which was normally quiet alot.

I also tried to make sure I only studied for 45 mins to an hour then had a break for 5-10 mins.

Keep at it dude you will get there!! icon_smile.gif
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'