Passed Net+ N10-005

kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
Took the MTA Networking 98-366 and Net+ N10-005 this morning. Passed both.

- Used Darril Gibson's books:
- Used Labsim (TestOut) supplied through WGU

- MeasureUp 98-366 exam simulator

- and some Google :)

Onwards to Security+ and the MTA Security. I plan on purchasing Darril's Sec+ book and read his MTA Security book (supplied through WGU) as well.
Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU

Comments

• _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MallowGirl12MallowGirl12 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :D Was it at college/ online exam?? If soo Well done :D I've also brought this type of book, looking forward to my book too :)
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations. Taking two exams in one morning isn't the norm but I guess if you are going to two, doing two on the same topic (networking) is the right approach. Great to hear you passed both and I'm glad to hear the book and practice test questions helped.

Good luck with the Security+ and the MTA Security exams.
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Congratulations :D Was it at college/ online exam?? If soo Well done :D I've also brought this type of book, looking forward to my book too :)

Thanks.

You have to take all CompTIA exams at a Pearson Vue testing center. The MTA is an online exam that has to be proctored (the same location does that as well)
    Darril wrote: »
    Congratulations. Taking two exams in one morning isn't the norm but I guess if you are going to two, doing two on the same topic (networking) is the right approach. Great to hear you passed both and I'm glad to hear the book and practice test questions helped.

Good luck with the Security+ and the MTA Security exams.

Thanks!

Ya, I normally don't do the 2 exams at the same time. But, these 2 were so darn similar. I'm very glad I choose to deal with the stress of 2 at a time because it would've sucked to spend the driving time, missing work for a 10min test (the MTA). 2 birds, one stone:)

I plan on taking the same approach with the MTA Security Fundamentals and Security+.
  • kevin.cook64kevin.cook64 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I plan on taking my Net+ next week. I will be doing the 004 version. After going through A+ and Sec+ as well as having work experience I am 99% sure I can pass this test. The 1% is say if the building collapsed if I was in it. HAHAHAHA!!! Good luck on the Security+. That one I really liked. :D
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz!!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Need a JobNeed a Job Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I am going to take mine pretty soon too.
  • YesOffenseYesOffense Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, and thanks for the sources.
  • MJohnsonresMJohnsonres Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, How did you like the LabSim's Testout? It's a great resource for $85 for 3 years of online access.
  • rejazrejaz Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done, good luck on your next cert :), Plus im taking Network + next Friday if you have any tips that could help me out please let me know , I would really appreciate it :)!!
  • kemar1014kemar1014 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kgb wrote: »
    Took the MTA Networking 98-366 and Net+ N10-005 this morning. Passed both.

- Used Darril Gibson's books:
    - Used Labsim (TestOut) supplied through WGU

- MeasureUp 98-366 exam simulator

- and some Google :)

Onwards to Security+ and the MTA Security. I plan on purchasing Darril's Sec+ book and read his MTA Security book (supplied through WGU) as well.

What course did you transfer in so you get exempted from LUT1
    Congratulations, How did you like the LabSim's Testout? It's a great resource for $85 for 3 years of online access.

I thought Labsim was very helpful.
    kemar1014 wrote: »
    What course did you transfer in so you get exempted from LUT1

I couldn't tell you. I don't know what I did with my list of transferred classes paper from WGU. I've taken classes @ 6 Colleges/Universities over a 19year period :)
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations and good luck on the Security+/98-367 exams!
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    Congratulations and good luck on the Security+/98-367 exams!

Thanks.

Security ones were smoked weeks back:) Database ones completed last week :) Onwards to Organizational Behavior (taking exam Friday night), then Proj+ (hopefully next Friday), then Geography exam.

Just want to get through those 3 so I can dive into the 5 programming classes, then it's just my capstone left. Hoping to finish this December.
  • BlowindoeBlowindoe Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and good luck!!
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kgb wrote: »
    Hoping to finish this December.

Good luck with your schedule.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Congratz on your ongoing success icon_thumright.gif!!!
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    Good luck with your schedule.

Luck is for pixies and unicorns my friend. I only deal in absolutes :)