CCDA: Passed

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Today i took a crack at the CCDA and are glad to report i passed. I have been studying for this exam for about 2 months now on and off. Overall, it was a toughy, not because of the difficulty level but rather the content instead. Much of the information seemed irrelevant in all honesty and would be better placed in a sales pitch somewhere. As a result, my motivation seriously flagged - so much so that i just booked the exam to see how it went. Thankfully i can move on now.

In all honesty im not sure what i should crack on with next. I am only one exam away from the CCDP but are eager to start studying for the CCIE R&S written. Im currently leaning towards completing the ARCH exam to get the CCDP/CCNP combo under my belt. The material in the ARCH exam looks interesting anyway which is a relief haha!

What do you guys think? CCDP ARCH or R&S written?

onwards and upwards as they say...
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Isn't Arch the consensus interesting part of the design track? Maybe pop by a bookstore and thumb through it first...
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    YFZblu wrote: »
    Isn't Arch the consensus interesting part of the design track? Maybe pop by a bookstore and thumb through it first...

it sure is, i have the book already sitting on my shelf...but the same can be said for the R&S haha.

I think the ARCH exam would be a good choice before cracking on with anything else, kinda makes sense considering im one away from it.

• al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Congratsicon_thumright.gif my friend and good luck on your next goals.
    The ARCH® is a toughie, covering tons of stuff, give it lots of quality preparing icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif, before attempting to shoot at it.

Regards
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
    al3kt.R*** wrote: »
    Congratsicon_thumright.gif my friend and good luck on your next goals.
    The ARCH® is a toughie, covering tons of stuff, give it lots of quality preparing icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif, before attempting to shoot at it.

Regards

Cheers dude, i'll keep that in mind. Gona have a few days rest and catch up on some quality international films first and then hit the books.

• MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on the CCDA! If it were me, I'd go CCDP first. I guess just for the fact that it will further prepare you for the IE and won't take as long.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, nel! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
    MrBrian wrote: »
    Congrats on the CCDA! If it were me, I'd go CCDP first. I guess just for the fact that it will further prepare you for the IE and won't take as long.

Thanks fella's. DP it is.

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You've already got the CCNP, so you'll only 1 exam away from CCDP. And having the CCDP will also refresh your CCNP, which will give you more time on the CCIE written.

Atleast, that's what I'd do. Congrats on the pass! What caused you to almost give up on the CCDA? I recall you saying irrelvant information, so what information? I mean, book wise what was the "Blah" spots. Not test-wise.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Roguetadhg wrote: »
    You've already got the CCNP, so you'll only 1 exam away from CCDP. And having the CCDP will also refresh your CCNP, which will give you more time on the CCIE written.

Atleast, that's what I'd do. Congrats on the pass! What caused you to almost give up on the CCDA? I recall you saying irrelvant information, so what information? I mean, book wise what was the "Blah" spots. Not test-wise.

Yeah, looking at the overall picture i agree. it makes sense to do the CCDP now and hopefully get it out of the way before xmas. I hope to go travelling for a while in January so may have a crack at the IE written after.

Well, the reason i was loosing enthusiasm was down to the DA topics. Dont get me wrong some of it was good solid foundation stuff, especially in the campus. However, imo, i found alot of it to be like a sales pitch for Cisco products. The best way to know what i mean is to get the CCDA and ARCH book side by side. Ive had a look at the Arch book and from a quick overview it looks packed with great tips and design knowledge. From forum feedback, the real meat is in the ARCH, so i cant wait to get stuck in. It looks really interesting and answers alot of questions ive had in some areas.

From an exam perspective, it was OK but the wording was pretty awful and hard to understand at times. Most of the exam was like a memory test imo. i cant say why/how as it breaks the NDA.

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    nel wrote: »
    Thanks fella's. DP it is.

.....out of context.......uhhh......

ok... sorry, I have the maturity of a 13 year old
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    .....out of context.......uhhh......

ok... sorry, I have the maturity of a 13 year old

hahaha, classic.