MCITP/MCTS : True test Engine included in Microsoft Press books ?

KayouMTKayouMT Banned Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I just passed CCNA. When I was preparing that exam, I purchased the two CISCO (Wendell Odom) official books. All (or almost all) the exam stuff was in those two books. The two books included a test engine very similar to the one I did on the exam. The questions that the test engine was asking was, also, as tough as those I got in the exam. That engine helped me know how tough will the exam be and what kind of questions I will have. I did not need to buy any other CCNA engine ; I just worked hard on reading and doing labs.

Question : Is there a test engine (similar to the MCITP/MCTS exam's true engine) included in MCITP/MCTS Microsoft Press books ?

Thanks in adavnce for any helpful answer !

Comments

• AlexMAlexM Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There are practice tests in the 'Self Paced Training Kit', which apparently can offer an environment similar to the official exam (or custom conditions which you specify yourself). I haven't actually tried them yet as I've just picked up the kit after failing my first exam attempt, and don't want to learn the answers from overusing the practice questions. :)
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Microsoft Self-Paced book does offer testing software from Measure Up. I am using that in addition to Transcender. I find that the Measure Up questions are easier than the Transcender questions, but they both cover the same material. If I get a 92 on the Measure Up, I usually will get around an 85 on Transcender. I will know next Monday if they are close to the exam experience.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• KayouMTKayouMT Banned Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lunchbocks - Good luck for your exam ! You seriously prepared it (2 test engines) ; you'll get it.

AlexM - I agree with you that starting early to look at questions' answers is not a good way of preparing a certif. But ; if you are done with reading and doing labs, it could be helpful to test and test and test ... yourself until you get acquainted with the form of questions and get quick on answereing them ; even if you know the answers of some of them. That's the method I used for learning for CCNA ; and, it helped me pass full CCNA on first attempt.