Need guidance

kbpatilkbpatil Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am new graduate working as new hire security engineer. I am planning to do security+ certification. I need guidance as in what material to use, when to give the exam, how should i prepare and anything beneficial is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DrunkDrunk Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently studying for it as well. After looking around on these forums most people suggest Darill Gibsons book - Security + Get certified get ahead. I am about 3/4 through and plan on reading it again before going in to take the test but so far its been perfect.
  • kbpatilkbpatil Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah. When are you planning on giving the exams and when did u started preparation?
  • DrunkDrunk Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I started about 3 Weeks ago and I plan on taking it in November.
  • dpjackal89dpjackal89 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am also currently studying for the Security+ exam using Darril Gibson's book. It is a good book. I've been studying for 5 days and I plan on taking the exam on October 1st. I recommend this book.
  • itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Concur with the above. Gibson's book is an excellent resource. I'd also consider watching Professor Messer videos to help make sense of it all.

Edit - You may also want to look at Stewart's Security+ Review Guide book from Sybex which is laid out extremely well.