Passed 640

gra_100gra_100 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the 70-640 yesterday. Second time lucky.
It was a tricky exam, but I was better prepared this time. On to the 642.
icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass

i will be sitting for the 642 in a months time and will be going for the 640 (after that ) What were your primary resources for this exam
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I take my 640 exam next Monday.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• neilperryneilperry Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed this morning! Thoughts: Heavy on DNS and AD CS with AD FS and AD RMS sprinkled in (one or two questions over both). You needed to know a little bit of everything though meaning if you focus on only those and neglect simple stuff global catalogs/GPO/etc you will fail. Passed with a 858 so heres what I did to prepare:

version 2 of the official press book. watched half the CBT nuggets before giving up on it (presenter is not my cup of tea.) Numerous practice tests and notes provided by other members on this forum. oh and of course, labbing, labbing, labbing. This cert justified my esx whitebox :)-
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, nice score.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• gra_100gra_100 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all.
    My main resources were Trainsignal / Transcender. And the Microsoft book (2nd Edition for R2).
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Did you purchase all of the Trainsignal DVDs?
  • gra_100gra_100 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We have them at my office. They are good as an introduction, but not enough on their own.
  • KayouMTKayouMT Banned Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to gra_100 & neilperry !

I ask you the same question that lunchblocks promised to answer me after seating for exam.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/81726-mcitp-mcts-true-test-engine-included-microsoft-press-books.html

The question : Which of Transcender and official press book test software is closest to the exam software, in terms of questions toughness and GUI ?