Options

Earlier I said I was going to wait till December to take the Sec+.. I didn't wait.

BobbyDCBobbyDC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed with a 854/900!

Reading Gibsons book was basically review of my CIS 140 class I had last Fall so I didn't have to study all that much. I still felt that I was failing the test 20 questions in and that is such a terrible feeling. Oh, and that survey they have at the end is just a horrible thing to do! I just wanted to see my score.

I'm still working on my CCNA and I think I'll pick up my A+ on the way.

Comments

• Options
    stopdroppstopdropp Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hear this is a common reaction. Going in with confidence, once you're into it you feel like you're doing terrible than come to find out you do just fine. I wonder why that is. People say it's because some questions are "weighted" and others say its because there are some prototype questions or something of that nature.

Anyone else have a theory on the subject?

Also congrats! I'll be testing monday, hopefully i'll be as fortunate.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    @BobbyDC. Congrats on the pass - 854 is a great score. Good luck with the CCNA and A+.

[QUOTE
    =stopdropp;679631]I hear this is a common reaction. Going in with confidence, once you're into it you feel like you're doing terrible than some to find out you do just find. I wonder why that is. People say it's because some questions are "weighted" and others say its because there are some prototype questions or something of that nature.

Anyone else have a theory on the subject?[/QUOTE]

I think part of it is because people really do have a good understanding of the content even though the questions are asked in new and different ways. And part of is due to untested Beta questions as you suggest.

Good luck to you.
  • Options
    stopdroppstopdropp Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I appreciate it. Just tested yesterday and passed with 848 using your book and a bit of professor messer. I definitely felt shaky about half way through but I suppose that was due to the fact that i was really reading into a few of the questions.

I had absolutely 0 experience before taking this test. But i recently joined the military and the DOD requires anyone touching their network to have this cert. Your book make it all quite easy to understand.
    Your Rayburn Box analogy for Asymmetric Encryption was simply fantastic. That was one of the more difficult concepts to understand for me and that explanation made it clear a day.

I plan on taking the Cisco path but if i meet anyone really looking to get into the Microsoft world i'll certainly recommend them to one of your books.
    Thanks Again
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    stopdropp wrote: »
    I appreciate it. Just tested yesterday and passed with 848 using your book and a bit of professor messer. ...
    Your Rayburn Box analogy for Asymmetric Encryption was simply fantastic. That was one of the more difficult concepts to understand for me and that explanation made it clear a day....Thanks Again

Congrats. Glad to hear the book helped. Good luck with your military career.