Options

Hardware or OS ...Tis the question.

AntiochmanAntiochman Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys! I wonder which is the best way to take the A+ exam. Should I take the hardware exam first, since I have a lot of hands on experience building and repairing computers, or should I take the OS exam first, or should I take both at the same time?
To learn is life, living is putting to use what you have learned, death is when this process stops!

Comments

• Options
    thecomeonsthecomeons Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i felt like i had a fair share of experience in building and upgrading computers and decided to take my core first, so i could study of the o/s separately.

i have no idea if it worked better that way, but i passed both exams first time.
  • Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    I took them both on the same day - Hardware first then OS with a two hour break in between. I felt I had to work harder for the OS portion - but that was mostly because I had a hard time finding a copy of Windows 3.1 (I took mine a while ago icon_wink.gif )
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    mmmm, maybe i'll install my copy of win3.x on a pc someday. provided the discs still work ofcourse!
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From what I hear from some of my classmates is to take the hardware side first they say it's easier and if you fail you know you need to study more and your only out of money for one voucher. I'm taking mine on friday!! Wish me luck!yikes!!!
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    best of luck on friday
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    From what I hear from some of my classmates is to take the hardware side first they say it's easier and if you fail you know you need to study more and your only out of money for one voucher.

Sounds logical to me. Although failing the Core does not mean you will fail OS as well...

Good luck!