Options

Accepted a new position

unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well after 11 years of being a jack-of-all-trades type I am moving on to the next phase of my career. I recently accepted a Sr. Network Engineer role where I will be specializing in Cisco route/switch/firewall/voice. My first assignment is to lead the WAN migration for one of the largest healthcare providers in the world encompassing 150+ sites.

I actually ended up originally turning the offer down because I love working with my boss. We've been together for 5+ years at two different companies. I was able to talk it over with him and with his blessing I ended up going back and asking for another shot. Luckily they accepted me back because I would have really been regretting my decision down the road.

Anyways, the consulting firm I'm with now offers 100% paid family medical/dental and I ended up with about a 38% pay increase... Not bad. Plus my current boss is going to bring me back in whenever they need networking help.

It's going to be a big change not working for my boss and to be honest I'm a little nervous because there are very few good ones out there. Hopefully it all works out.

Wish me luck!
Preparing for CCIE Written

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Sounds like a great opportunity.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    gratz man! sounds like a great gig
    meh
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the new position!
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That's wonderful. Nice to know you have such a good boss....