Passed casp

eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well it wasn't what I expected....I thought it would be harder.

Maybe it was the exam I got but I had very little "hands-on" type questions. I did like the interactive questions and hope to see more on other CompTIA exams.

Comments

• Moe 0101Moe 0101 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. If you taken the Sec +, which do you think is harder. If you have not, what topics does it cover (Cloud, encryption, etc?)
  • al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Great job m8, hope it suits your needsicon_wink.gif
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It was definatly harder then Sec+, atleast the 201 which I took. It was like Sec+ meets Project+.

Not sure if it will suit my needs but it was a free voucher.
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, eansdad! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Seems like you are really focusing on security. Nice work!

Eansdad

I was talking to an employee from our ISO department just the other day and he mentioned he had his CASP as well. I found out he had Security + and the CASP.

I mentioned the CISSP and he said he no plans to take it. (Even more interesting)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What do you mean by interactive questions? Not asking you to break the NDA, just curious if you mean drag-and-drop or...
    Simulation...Had some interesting ones...
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    eansdad wrote: »
    Simulation...Had some interesting ones...

Now that is interesting. I didn't realize that the CASP could have simulations. I just figured it was another multiple choice test like the Sec+ only harder.

What study material did you use?
    Sybex book and the CISSP/SSCP and CEH guides from Preplogic. Figured why not on the guides since they had the $1 guide sale.
    I only used them as reference since there isn't much out for CASP. I would not put CASP in the same league as the CISSP or SSCP but would recommend it as a stepping stone since a lot of the information seems to have come from the CISSP.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    eans thanks for the follow up.