New At this Forum :)

internetworkerinternetworker Inactive Imported Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
HI Everyone....

This is my very first post ! can anyone give any advice :D anything i can't do :D

and i'll be looking forward to meet every single one of you :D
LeT's InTerNeTWorK !!

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    and i'll be looking forward to meet every single one of you :D
    You're bringing the beer, right? drunken_smilie.gif And pizza?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forum, and mikej412 has to buy everyone's pizza when you pass your CCIE lab. icon_twisted.gif

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Welcome on board!

If you wanted some advice for the CCIE lab, try this topic:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10288
  • gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    I'm nowhere close to the CCIE, but I thought I'd stop by anyways and say Welcome icon_cheers.gif
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • ubergeekubergeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welcome! :D As we say here in Japan.. Irisahaemashe!
    Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    welcome!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • internetworkerinternetworker Inactive Imported Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :D I'm amazed at the warmth of this Forum :) Thank you all for welcoming me. I hope i can contribute much to this forum in time to come. Feel free to ask me anything, if i can i will surely help!

Anyone going for the lab here ? I will be going for my 2nd attempt very soon. So if anyone is up for a discussion can just give me a buZzzz...

so is it do you all want extra cheese?

Thank you all.
    LeT's InTerNeTWorK !!
  • ubergeekubergeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone going for the lab here ? I will be going for my 2nd attempt very soon.

Kenny (ten9t6) will be taking his R/S lab within the year and I'll be taking my first attempt for the Security Lab this coming September.. drunken_smilie.gif
    Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?
  • JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    I will be going for my 2nd attempt very soon. So if anyone is up for a discussion can just give me a buZzzz...

Well i just got CCNA and i am starting the CCNP track however am still curious about CCIE so can you give us a review of what it was like for you and is it that hard to pass on the first attempt......i think it was said somewhere else on this message board that it is only about 3% that pass on the first try.....
    Jiggsaww wrote:
    Well i just got CCNA and i am starting the CCNP track however am still curious about CCIE so can you give us a review of what it was like for you and is it that hard to pass on the first attempt......i think it was said somewhere else on this message board that it is only about 3% that pass on the first try.....

HI All Thanks again for the Welcome! It's good that you are already planning for CCIE at an early stage of CCNA. Coz the early you plan the better.

Yes i would definitely agree with you on passing the first attempt would be most difficult. I would say it's almost humanly imposible :D If i were to compare the actual difficulties between the actual lab and workbook that i'm using, i'd say the workbook is harder. This does not say the Lab exam is easier neither. It's just that the lab exam is so darn tricky... and those things are the ones that usually kill you without you even noticing it! The exam questions are somehow correlated to each other... so meaning by doing something much later such as IP Services might cause a problem for you perhaps at Layer 2 or Layer 3.

During my first attempt was a shocking, as up to lunch time and i couldn't get my damn ATM to work!! but luckily at the end it was ok..but apparently i still fail!

I guess i should stop here now let you all feel the experience for youself :D I wouldn't want to spoil all the suprises.. now wouldn't i.....hehehe

so Best of luck everyone..
    LeT's InTerNeTWorK !!
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Welcome to the forum....I thought I replied to this the other day...haha...I must have not hit submit on the post. icon_wink.gif

Looks like we are in the same boat. I took my first lab last November in San Jose.....and it sounds like we ran into some of the same problems. And as of January 1, those problems have been removed...only to be faced on the SP Lab. :D

I am trying to get ready to take it again, in the late spring....I am kind of distracted right now, since our first child will be here any day.

Good luck in your practice for the lab.....and again, Welcome to the forums.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    nah i wouldn't want you to spoil it either.....thanks for your response.....
    [Hi Kenny,
    Thanks again for the welcome... yes we are definitely on the same Boat.. hope we don't sink together...hahaha :D

perhaps we can discuss some of the topics and issues here.. that'll be very good. Looking forward to that.

Thanks all !
    LeT's InTerNeTWorK !!