Resume for someone new to IT

draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've been working on this resume,I changed the whole format to what was listed on the guidelines in the thread on it but I'm not much of writer when it comes to writing about myself. I'm trying to get some objective opinions, and I'd appreciate if someone would take a look.

Updated

Skills
  • Proficient with Microsoft Office 2011: Excel, word, and PowerPoint.
  • Familar with virtual machine software such as VMware.
  • Troubleshooting and Maintence of SOHO networks.
  • Installing and configuring of any operating system.
  • Troubleshooting of PC hardware and software issues.

Airport parking company
Field Manager
  • Handled any issues or complaints by customers or the staff.
  • Ensured that all employees were doing their job and followed company rules.
  • Ensured all toll booths were always running which included frequent troubleshooting of basic hardware in the tollbooths.
Rendering Company
Dispatcher
  • Took orders from customers and gave those orders to the drivers.
  • Helped drivers with direction and routing.
  • Responsible for creating new customer accounts.
  • Ensured that trucks coming into the plant were weighted and correctly recorded.
  • In charge of the physical records for the procurement office.

Comments

• kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Im not very fan of those kinds of adjectives like Im extreme motivated , Im extreme dedicated, Im an amazing learner.
    You have job experience, so take stuff from there like
    Reliable IT professional with 2 years experience in supporting administrative and finantial departments to achieve this and that.
    Skills in this and that

I would write experience below certs
    then education
    I would lose the "supervisory" skills
    Instead go in detail below your job
    workes in Acme CORP 2007-2010
    Did this
    worked with that
    done this
    helped in this
    achieved that
    etc

Responsible for managing 10+ employees and ensuring the location worked with maximum
    efficiency.
    Ensured the location worked with maximum efficiency?
    How?

I think thats what I can point, again its my personal advice
    There are people way more experience than me in here, they can probably drop better suggestions
    meh
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    Definitely needs some polishing. Don't be offended, but you should take a technical/business writing course at your school. I had to take one for my AAS, and it really helped me out. I'm not at all perfect, nor is my resume, but looking at yours reminds me of the one I had in high school.

If a class isn't a viable option, your school probably offers some sort of career services or resume workshop that should be able to help you out.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the helpful advice, I don't why didn't think of it earlier but there is a writing center at my college I can go to for help with this. I'll try a rewrite and though and make it much more specific to what I actually know.
  • Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    I'd remove 'Installing and configuring of any operating system.' You could easily be called out on this.