Options

A+ Question

pipe_dreamzpipe_dreamz Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
So i'm planning on taking the A+ exam, which i thought was just one exam. But after reading about it from some sites, it seems there are 2 different exams.
I dont know if i'm just too tired, or simply not understanding the plain english written there.

But could someone please clarify things here for me...ie lame man's english :D sheesh!!

Thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    To obtain the A+, you must pass two exams. There is a Core hardware exam, and an OS technologies exam. You can see all the offcial information about A+, from Comptia, here.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    so how come buddy told me he's A+ certified and he only had to write one exam.
    Are both exams intergrated into the one sitting or do you have to write them differently?
  • Options
    so how come buddy told me he's A+ certified and he only had to write one exam.
    Are both exams intergrated into the one sitting or do you have to write them differently?

If he only wrote one exam, he is not certified. With the possibility he took it when it was only one exam, which would have so long ago, i don't remember. I always heard of it as two exams. Ask him when he took it, and where he tested, what he used to study........
  • Options
    he said he took it 5 yrs ago, so i guess that answers my question then.
    Another thing, which of the 2 exams is easier. ie which one should i attack first.
  • Options
    As I did, I think most people find the hardware exam a bit easier, although I wouldn't underestimate either one. I used Mike Myers All-In-One book for A+, it's a fairly easy read, gets the point across. Just be sure to go over the objectives to make sure you understand what you're expected to know.