Options

Passed Network +

OkasonOkason Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
just passed the Net+ with a score of 707, was hoping for 800+, anyway time to move on.
Want to once again thank everybody in this site for our remarkable willingness to support and share information.

I am getting ready to get started with CCNA, however I have never really had a hands on experience with Cisco products (planning to buy some swithces anyway). Presently am a Field Service Tech and our clients are small business and homes, that are mostly windows based, so am wondering if I should get started in MCSA/E as I deal with windows daily for now,or should I use the Network+ momemtum and go for Cisco and come back to Microsoft.

My long term career goal is to be a Network Engineer with specialization on Network security.
As always every advice is greatly appreciated.
All things work together for good........to them that believe..

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!

Either cert, MCSA or CISCO, is well recognized, however, if you want networking, I would say head for Cisco. If your prospects are real good where you now work, then Microsoft would be the better choice. M$ domain experience is always good background from which to launch into Cisco.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I don't think you can go wrong either way, although I would say that going for Cisco first would be better because you have already been studying the networking.

Kind of funny... I also got a 707 and was hoping for an 800+...
  • Options
    Get Security+, then use it as an elective for your MCSA AND MCSA: Sec. specialization.
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • Options
    OkasonOkason Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for the advices, am on for Cisco any recommendation for a study guide and/or CBT.
    Once again Thanks.
    All things work together for good........to them that believe..
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    Congrats!
    To protect and to serve(r)...
  • Options
    manley2manley2 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I pass the Network plus test back in November 2005 ever since I have been working on the A plus examine Tuesday I pass the core hardware.
    I do not get many hit's when I apply for work in these area's I live in Cleveland Ohio, I have some experience when I was in the service Telecommunication. I have been in banking for some time and i get more hit from banking when applying for work than from this hot IT flied any advice? After I finish A plus Software I will start MCP. Pls advise thks1