Questions about the ITIL v3 intermediate ??

sameh_egy1sameh_egy1 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have some questions about the ITIL v3 intermediate, SS SD

is there any Exam prepare guide to study PDF, Book ?

what is your recommendations start in SS or SD?

How the Cost of the Exam in US $ ?

I will highly appreciated if you could reply to me and guide .

Waiting for your reply.

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Sameh

Here are the answers your questions - please feel free to DM me for more detail.

1) ITIL V3 no longer exists - officially ITIL is just 'ITIL' now but you'll see lots of training providers refer to ITIL 2011, the most recent edition
    2) There are lots of self study books available (try Amazon) but you must also attend an accredited training course. You cannot self study for an ITIL Intermediate exam. The course you take can be online, blended or classroom but must be via an accredited provider.
    3) Where you start depends on your background and experience. The majority of delegates would start with SD as it's process focused and may cover areas they have experience in, before moving to SS which is more business focused and usually seen as more challenging
    4) The cost of the exam will vary depending on where you buy it and if it's part of a training course. Expect to pay around $250 and upwards

Kind regards

Claire
  • sameh_egy1sameh_egy1 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire,
    thank you for your kind and quick reply ..
    my background in Microsoft business productivity infrastructure. i think SO or SD after reading, which one you recommend?

Please let me know best online study in the same lowest fee?

Thank you,

BR,
    Sameh
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Defo SO or OSA, it will make sense
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Sameh

SO will be suitable if you are in an operations/support/live service type role, SD will be suitable if you are in a development/pre-live type role. It's worth remembering as well that sometimes you study for the job you want to have, not the job you already have icon_smile.gif

As a vendor I'm biased and think our training courses are best, so I'll have to let you do your own research there.

Kind regards

Claire
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Online study material is scarce at best (trust me I have been looking for some time) I will recommend that you go for a good training provider as they will provide the material as well. The books for intermediate exams are really expensive
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • sameh_egy1sameh_egy1 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□

It's worth remembering as well that sometimes you study for the job you want to have, not the job you already have icon_smile.gif

Claire, i agree with you completely icon_smile.gif good advice..

Thank you,

pumbaa_g wrote: »
    Online study material is scarce at best (trust me I have been looking for some time) I will recommend that you go for a good training provider as they will provide the material as well. The books for intermediate exams are really expensive

Yes! Pumbaa_G, Sure book expensive .. now looking for online study because no time stable to attend class room!