Loading Linux an act of terrorism? Who Knew!

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
I think this goes a bit too far, but still was interesting.
Linux Forcibly Installed On Congressman's Computer In Act of Terrorism - Slashdot

Comments

• NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Notably, the only person in the article invoking the word terrorism was its author. "'In fact, one officer said to me today they see this as a crime against the government, because I am a sitting United States congressman and they take it very seriously [that someone deleted public records from his computer and threw cement blocks through his window."]

A follow-up article--

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/michael-grimm-office-vandal_n_1913621.html

It turned out to be bored teenagers. ;)
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am former law enforcement and will say that during any initial investigation you will look at all possibilities. That being said, it appears that the only "person" saying it was a terrorist act is Slashdot given that the actual article never mentions terrorism. You could say that the congressman eludes to it with the "crime against the US Government" comment, but he would be the only one who said that. Law enforcement does take these things seriously, but it is their job to do so. Obviously, once they discover it is a kid being stupid the seriousness goes down. But until that becomes clear they really do not have a choice.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Notably, the only person in the article invoking the word terrorism was its author. "'In fact, one officer said to me today they see this as a crime against the government, because I am a sitting United States congressman and they take it very seriously [that someone deleted public records from his computer and threw cement blocks through his window."]

A follow-up article--

Michael Grimm Office Vandal Turns Out To Be An Eighth Grader

It turned out to be bored teenagers. ;)

Yeah I hate blogs due to writers adding some "spice" to a title....
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    or ya could get a live distro put it in the cd drive superglue the drive shut config bios/password it and then you didnt install it :)
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: