Anyone here use Kaseya?

pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
What do you think of it, particularly tech support.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I used it in the past, in conjunction with ConnectWise. Kaseya handled all the hands-on stuff, like running the agents on machines in order to report back statuses and perform updates, while ConnectWise did all the reporting and gathered together all the assett data from Kaseya into reports and status pages. All in all, I really liked Kaseya, particularly for its remote support features and for the sheer amount of information it mined out of clients and servers (via WMI).

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We use it at work. Won't go into any detail right now but it's really good!
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • destini99destini99 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is Kaseya
    It's the system we use for ticketing, patching, and software pushes. We also use it as a remote support tool to remotely view desktops and control them.
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have not used it. However (my post is still relevant), I used its primary competitor, LabTech. LabTech had a lot of the same quirks and issues people report of Kaseya. LT support ranges from horrible to nonexistent, however. The ConnectWise integration was unreliable to the point of being more trouble than its worth, IMO. The alerting wizards are needlessly obtuse and lack decent documentation. Sometimes they simply don't work, and there is no recourse.

If I were to pick one of them for working in that market, I would want to at least give Kaseya a try. I would not use either outside of an MSP/consultancy environment.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
    ptilsen wrote: »
    I would not use either outside of an MSP/consultancy environment.

Why do you say that?
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I work for a MSP and we use Kaseya for remote control of machines, patch installations, backups, deploying scripts, alerting, deploying A/V and A/M and license auditing. While it has it's flaws, it makes my job a heck of a lot easier.
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Why do you say that?
    Because that's the target market. That's what it's optimized for. For a larger organization, ie 1000 systems or more, SCCM is a better program to use. That's not to say SCCM and Kaseya necessarily do the same things, but SCCM is better for the technical side in that type of environment. Kaseya is very much targeted at the MSP in the SMB space. Although I shouldn't talk too poorly of LabTech, since Connectwise has invested heavily in LabTech, and Connectwise is pretty much standard in that sector.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340