ICND2 - bam

oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
First attempt at ICND2 this morning and got 916, needed 825. Good stuff. Worst area was IP addressing as I got 75% (ICND1 I got 100%).

CCNP books ordered, not cheap but it's 3 books and I expense my exams and books anyway.

Read the Odom books, CBT nugget videos and some of the Chris Bryant ebook.
Lab:
Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.

Comments

• zipolinizipolini Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations :)
    i passed on monday with the same score
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Congrats! You are the man! Boom!
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thats Great!!! Congrats!
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Congratulations! Don't forget to change your avatar... :D
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    oli356 wrote: »
    First attempt at ICND2 this morning and got 916, needed 825. Good stuff. Worst area was IP addressing as I got 75% (ICND1 I got 100%).

CCNP books ordered, not cheap but it's 3 books and I expense my exams and books anyway.

Read the Odom books, CBT nugget videos and some of the Chris Bryant ebook.

Great job as ICND2 is the harder test of the two! (without discrediting the needed subnetting prowess of ICND1). In reterospect, would you still recommend the Odom books or can you get by with a Chris Bryant type "e-guide" on ICND1 and cbt nuggets with labbing?!
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, oli356 and zipolini! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go oli....nice job!
  • oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    Thanks guys :)
    Congratulations! Don't forget to change your avatar... icon_biggrin.gif
    I will do it today :)
    Illumanati wrote: »
    Great job as ICND2 is the harder test of the two! (without discrediting the needed subnetting prowess of ICND1). In reterospect, would you still recommend the Odom books or can you get by with a Chris Bryant type "e-guide" on ICND1 and cbt nuggets with labbing?!
    I've only read some of the "ultimate CCNA study guide" by Chris and what I read I found good. The Odom book for ICND2 really did bore to me death and do I think I could've passed the exam without reading it? Yes, especially as I forgot a lot of the details.

Anyway, I never read any book for the ICND1 as far as I remember and CBT nuggets and labbing got me through it. So I would say yes, but it just depends on what kind of learner you are.
    Lab:
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    oli356 wrote: »
    Thanks guys :)

I will do it today :)

I've only read some of the "ultimate CCNA study guide" by Chris and what I read I found good. The Odom book for ICND2 really did bore to me death and do I think I could've passed the exam without reading it? Yes, especially as I forgot a lot of the details.

Anyway, I never read any book for the ICND1 as far as I remember and CBT nuggets and labbing got me through it. So I would say yes, but it just depends on what kind of learner you are.

The Odom book bored you to death. So are you saying you did not read it? Skimmed it or just did some labs or review questions? What do you mean by what type of learner because I have done NetAcad 10 years ago and got all As and feel all I need is an "exam push" for ICND1 and then CBT nuggets and labbing for ICND2. I am wondering, per your strategy, I can simply skim the book for ICND1 and then pick and choose what I need for ICND2 books. I think I know the theory for ICND1 and just need to practice some of the commands and subnetting.
  • DANMOH009DANMOH009 Member Posts: 241
    congrats too you both!
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice boss!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Illumanati wrote: »
    The Odom book bored you to death. So are you saying you did not read it? Skimmed it or just did some labs or review questions? What do you mean by what type of learner because I have done NetAcad 10 years ago and got all As and feel all I need is an "exam push" for ICND1 and then CBT nuggets and labbing for ICND2. I am wondering, per your strategy, I can simply skim the book for ICND1 and then pick and choose what I need for ICND2 books. I think I know the theory for ICND1 and just need to practice some of the commands and subnetting.
    I read every single word in the book. Only read it once and tried all the questions at the begging of the chapters. Considering I found it so boring I don't know why I just bought the CCNP ones... well they are free so no harm in it.

I mean that some people learn differently, some people can remember a lot of information from books (I can't) - some can learn from things they hear, some are really good at learning from things they see.

I would give the videos a once over and see how you feel, the Chris Bryant ebook is really cheap as well and covers ICND1 and 2 - for me this was a better purchase than the Odom book. LAB LAB and more LAB!
    Lab:
  • lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Congrats on passing with a great score.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • CerebroCerebro Member Posts: 108
    Well done dude, and good luck for CCNP! :D
    2014 goals: ICND2[]

• GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mate!
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Congrats! Nicely done to the both of you. I used the same study materials as well.

If you don't mind me asking, which CCNP books did you order. I'm thinking about ordering some myself, just don't know whether to go OCG, FLG, or both...
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Congrats dude!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
    j.petrov wrote: »
    Congrats! Nicely done to the both of you. I used the same study materials as well.

If you don't mind me asking, which CCNP books did you order. I'm thinking about ordering some myself, just don't know whether to go OCG, FLG, or both...
    Sorry, thought I responded to this.

I just bought these ones: CCNP Routing and Switching Official Certification Library Exams 642-902, 642-813, 642-832 Certification Guide Series: Amazon.co.uk: Wendell Odom, David Hucaby, Kevin Wallace: Books

I have my CCNP Switch booked for the 4th of December, better get studying! Gives me something to work towards.
    Lab:
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    FLG and OCG are two different animals. I have the ROUTE. It's a toss up. FLG goes into a lot of detail explaining items. Not to mention It gave a bit more information in the 'planning' areas from what I've seen.

Both are good.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams