Options

Online training course

barlow1123barlow1123 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I've been looking into going for the CCNET/CCNA certification, or maybe getting the Net+/Sec+ first. Im still weighing up my options as I'm just out of university with a Bsc in IT and dont have any real experience using the Cisco stuff.

My question is that if I was to do the CCNA would it be worth paying out and going through an online service such as these Cisco CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Training Course, or would it be just as useful to get some books and follow the information in the sickies. Same thing goes for the net and sec + certifications really. ()short on cash at the moment)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I went for Sec+ I just used the CompTIA Practice Exams. I didn't get a perfect score, but it was good enough. The CompTIA certs don't help unless you get all three (A+, Network+, and Security+) which can be pretty expensive as it's 300 bucks for each test and you still need to get study materials. I'm currently going for the CCNA. I got Wendell Odom's Official Cert Guide and I also have the CBTNuggets CCNA video lectures. I have decided that Cisco certs are more practical.