CCENT in 4 Weeks?!?

Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello TE Community,

My instructor is planning to push me to take ICND1 (since I got my A+) at the end of October (four weeks from now) right before I go into my internship. I am taking CCNA Discovery right now but I have watched all the CBT Nuggets for CCENT/INCD1 and have the Todd Lammle textbook. Is it realistic that I can be able to knock out the exam from now until then? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    If you have the time to dedicate to studying, and you aren't struggling with the concepts, then yes you can definitely achieve CCENT in 4 weeks. That being said, it will all depend entirely on YOU. Without knowing how well you retain the information there is no way to accurately judge whether this is possible for you or not.

I will say this though, give it a shot! The worst that happens is that you need more time to study. Seeing though that you have Net+ already, I don't imagine you'll have any issues. Get a copy of Packet Tracer and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Good luck!
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Agree with above - If you get into it every day, and dedicate yourself, zero-to-CCENT can be completed in four weeks in my opinion.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes it can be done
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for the sincere advice.
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Alhaji265 wrote: »
    Hello TE Community,

My instructor is planning to push me to take ICND1 (since I got my A+) at the end of October (four weeks from now) right before I go into my internship. I am taking CCNA Discovery right now but I have watched all the CBT Nuggets for CCENT/INCD1 and have the Todd Lammle textbook. Is it realistic that I can be able to knock out the exam from now until then? Thanks in advance.

yes, and i would go ahead and schedule it 6 weeks from now just to give you (and any others reading this) some cushion.
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    I'm going to have to give a different advise as to the above. And mind you, there is no right or wrong. Just different perspectives.

I would schedule it right on the deadline, at the end of October, 4 weeks from now. That deadline will push you to meet it. If for some reason or another, whether something happened in the middle, you can't meet the deadline, then you can always reschedule. (Be aware of how much time in advanced you need to reschedule)

The reason why I recommend scheduling it sooner than later is because: for people like me, goals are the only things that will push me to take action. If the goal is 6 weeks from now, then i'll do it 6 weeks from now. So, scheduling goals a little earlier is always going to be more efficient.
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Don't use the above website, it hosts brain ****, which are a violation of the tester agreement you have to sign to certify with Cisco.
    Don't use the above website, it hosts brain ****, which are a violation of the tester agreement you have to sign to certify with Cisco.

I was about to state the same thing. Thanks.
    Last question (hopefully),

I spoke to my brother about this plan (study for the whole month) and told him I won't have much time to do much for the family because I will study day in and day out. He mentioned that I need to take a balance approach or I may burn myself out in two weeks and I felt discouraged. Does he have a point?
  • jonragejonrage Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    no one can predict the future. set a plan for 30 days and do your best. if not give yourself more time. who knows, it might take 32 days. setting a goal and reaching it are two different things. only you know yourself and what you can do. no one else knows. they can only tell you what they have experienced and what they are capable if doing. do it at "your" pace.

pay for and schedule your exam. its a sign of commitment and having that deadline will help you stick to the schedule. reschedule as many times as you have to. and yes, everyone gets burned out. that's what days off and vacations are for. i'm a big believer in balance. my balance is going hard and then listening to my body when its time to take a break. then back to work.