ModBook Pro Tablet

computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
It looks like a well built and designed tablet. The dual boot feature is sure to please a lot of people. What you guys think of this tablet? I would like to get my hands on one they are released.

Modbook Pro | Modbook Inc.
There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)

Comments

• EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    looks interesting but i'm sure apple isn't going to like it...
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    Wacom is a great product so it might be decent. Although I'm not an OSX fan.

Apple might not care as they are still profiting from the MacBook Pro being used.
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I really don't get it, a third party modding a non tablet OS to me would be like one patch away from not working anymore if Apple changes something on their end. Seems like an expensive tablet, would rather just get an iPad with a keyboard or pen device.
  • EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    Well apple has always been proactive with their design so i have a feeling they'll send the legal team in against people modding it regardless that this product looks good.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    EV42TMAN wrote: »
    Well apple has always been proactive with their design so i have a feeling they'll send the legal team in against people modding it regardless that this product looks good.

The company started doing this four years ago. I think because it requires the company to buy a laptop then convert it, its no biggie. If the company made their own tablets and loaded it like a hackintosh then yeah legal would be all over it.

Come to think of it, it did happen a few years ago, a company was selling Mac OS X clones and got shut down.

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/psystar-open-q/4505-3118_7-33773143.html
  • computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    EV42TMAN wrote: »
    looks interesting but i'm sure apple isn't going to like it...

Yeah, I agree with you. I doubt they will care all that much since people are still paying to use their OS. Also, wouldn't they have by now caught wind of this by now and shut down the making of the tablet?

The CEO, once held management positions in apple.

"Andreas E. Haas is chief executive officer, chief technology officer and co-founder of privately held Modbook Inc. Previously, Mr. Haas co-founded Axiotron Corp., where as CEO he successfully took the company public in 2008. He also co-founded infrastructure software company Our World Live, Inc. and served as its executive vice president and chief technology officer. Prior to that, Mr. Haas held several management positions at Apple Inc. (then Apple Computer) in Europe, including managing Apple’s Professional Desktop & Server Systems, its Portable Product Lines and the Newton Systems Group."
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)