Sec+ - another win for Darril Gibsons book

notquitecertifiablenotquitecertifiable Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took and passed SY0-301 today with a score of 886.

I used the paper and kindle versions of Darril Gibsons Sec+ study guide. I read the kindle chapters on the train and then re-read it from the book while taking notes at home. Took me about seven days of reading (but stupidly spread over a month in two halves due to $life). The book was an easy, well written read - unlike the exam questions themselves.

This is the first cert I've studied for this year and I'd like to grab one more before Christmas so time to look around at what'd be interesting next. I notice Mr Gibson has an SSCP book that I may have 'accidentally' ordered... ;)

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, notquitecertifiable! icon_thumright.gif
    I too have come to rely on Mr Gibson for clarity of thought and expression as well as excellent coverage of the exam objectives in his books.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. With the Security+ under your belt, SSCP is a logical next choice. Beware though, the SSCP is more difficult than the Security+ exam.

Good luck.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!
  • djlombadjlomba Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, i just decided today to go ahead and chase after this cert. I planned to get it a couple years ago but stopped for CCNA. I have Darril's 201 study guide. Would that help for the 301 test?