Options

Passed Project+

kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
Smoked Project+ yesterday.

Personally, out of the 15 certifications I've taken so far it's one of the easiest. It's really nothing more than memorizing a 400 page book (Sybex). Between that and common sense you have everything you need to ace it.
Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU

Comments

• Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Easy or not, you are now certified! Congrats!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass, thanks for the input on the exam!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    congrats! i got the test scheduled for a week from yesterday. I can't wait to be done with project+ is so mind numbly boring
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, kgb! icon_thumright.gif
    Hope to join you guys at WGU soon.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    KronesKrones Member Posts: 164
    Beast mode! Grats!
    WGU - Security
    Current: Start date Sept 1. Remaining:
    CUV1, BOV1, CJV1, CVV1, KET1, KFT1, DFV1, TPV1, BNC1, RIT1, DHV1, CSV1, COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 Completed:
    AXV1, CPV1, CTV1 Transferred: AGC1, BBC1, LAE1, QBT1, LUT1, GAC1/HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, CLC1, WFV1, DJV1
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass - How would you rate this exam compared to the PMP ? i am planning to take this exam soon by worried as i dont have any direct project mgmt skills
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • Options
    kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Dr IT wrote: »
    Congrats on the Pass - How would you rate this exam compared to the PMP ? i am planning to take this exam soon by worried as i dont have any direct project mgmt skills

If this was directed at me, I am not a PMP.

I happen to have management experience, but it's not needed for Project+ if you read the book and do some studying. It truly is just a memorization test.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply kgb - given the emphasis on project mgmt skills i was thinking of doing the CAPM PMI CAPM Certification | Project Management Institute but then inclined towards the Comptia Project + since not many people are not aware of CAPM .
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".