Options

Opening .aspx files

Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
A friend of mine is looking for a new house, and the realtor she is working with sent her some pictures as .aspx files. She is not able to open them but she can view other pictures with no problem. We did a registry fix but she still cannot open the pictures from the realtor. Is there any simple way to fix this so that she can view the pictures? Maybe download a new browser?

Comments

• Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Doesn't really ring true, an aspx file is an asp.net server side file. So either the Realtor made a mistake or the server had a burp. To see try renaming one of the aspx files to image.jpg or image.gif or image.png and then see if it can be displayed. If one of those renaming's does not work then the Realtor is sending your friend files that she cannot directly use. If the aspx file is a name embedded in a normal HTML then any browser will work as the aspx file will be executed on the server and the real image file will be sent to the browser.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply. I'll try your suggestion. Do you think there's a possibility she could be getting scammed? What do you mean the server had a burp?
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I bet the realtor was viewing the page in her browser and thought she could just save it like a word document and send it.

I would ask her to please send a link to the original page. You could probably just rename it file_name.html and it would open in the browser. It likely only contains the HTML/JavaScript output of the file but I wouldn't bother. Just tell her you couldn't view the page, please send the link.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I bet the realtor was viewing the page in her browser and thought she could just save it like a word document and send it.
    yeah - I was thinking that but most browsers save pages as HTML or MTHML format. I agree with you that it's probably just some user-error on the part of the realtor.