Future Job Question

Bob24Bob24 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering about possible occupations I could get from either of these degrees:

---> I can do something at Waterloo (5years) : C
o-op Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) from Waterloo and a Bachelor of Business Administration from Wilfrid Laurier University

---> I can either do something at U of T (4 years): [h=2]Management & Information Technology[/h]
I was wondering...what occupations I could get from either of the two and which one would be more valuable

Comments

• sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    It all depends on what you do in addition to getting a degree.
  • Bob24Bob24 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to choose one which on completion will yield a high paying job ... somewhere in business and compsci related
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Bob24 wrote: »
    I want to choose one which on completion will yield a high paying job ... somewhere in business and compsci related
    Neither one is likely to yield you a high-paying job on its own, but a CS degree often nets an entry-level position paying around $50k to $70k depending on location, with a straight-forward path for doubling that as you gain experience and knowledge.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A degree alone will get you nowhere. Maybe one from MIT/Stanford/UC could get you somewhere, but then again you'd already be brilliant to be able to get into those schools.

You are going to have put the hard yards in, do those entry level jobs, work your way up and if your stars line up right - you could get a well paying job. It aint about the money alone, it's about career progression and enjoying what you do.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Which one will open doors for you to do what you love to do?
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Bob24Bob24 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Apparently, it'll sound weird but I think I rather go into becoming a CA

I'm looking at possible universities such as Schulic and UFT.

What would you say is better?

UFT: BBA Co-op

Schulic: BBA

For any CA you have to do 2.5 years of work experience so co-op won't matter AS much. Which would be more valued?

And is a chartered accountant still valued today? Like what would be average work week(e.g.50 hours a week) and yearly pay?

Is there any other school in Toronto that offers a CA program cause I am unable to find any others.