First Data Center job

Hello everyone:

It has been a while since I have posted. I had a great experience working with General Dynamics IT for 2 years as a Sr. Network Tech. I interviewed for a Network Engineer position at a undisclosed data center in VA. I received an offer a few hours later with a 12K pay raise. My current job is so out of date using old Cisco equipment, but this new data center will offer training on the Cisco Nexus 6500's and soon they will upgrade to the Nexus 7K's. Really excited because I value experience over salary since I am still young. I will also get to work 6 week rotations with 1 week at home working remotely and on call.

I think I struck the iron while it was still hot.

Vanquish23
He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.

Comments

• higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Congrats! More power to you and keep climbing that never ending ladder! icon_cheers.gif
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Onwards and upwards from here on!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, vanquish23! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    will you have to move from NC to VA. Hopefully its not NOVA. Its pretty expensive around these parts.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • vanquish23vanquish23 Member Posts: 224
    shodown wrote: »
    will you have to move from NC to VA. Hopefully its not NOVA. Its pretty expensive around these parts.

I will be working in Clarksville, VA so I will have to move. Otherwise it will be a three hour drive one way.
    He who SYNs is of the devil, for the devil has SYN'ed and ACK'ed from the beginning. For this purpose, that the ACK might destroy the works of the devil.
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the new position, and raise!
    OK clarksville. I use to work for that agency. I only stayed there 6 weeks. Worst job I've ever had. But my experince was rare. I was working in a Tier 1 NOC when I should have been Tier 3 or a network engineer. Im sure your experience will be much better.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Grats ont he jerb, welcome to the old dominion !
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    OK clarksville. I use to work for that agency. I only stayed there 6 weeks. Worst job I've ever had. But my experince was rare. I was working in a Tier 1 NOC when I should have been Tier 3 or a network engineer. Im sure your experience will be much better.

Well the job is for a Network Engineer working on the data center floor. I currently work for a Network Control Center, or NOC if you want to call it. So I dont mind working with customers. What was the company you worked for?
    General Dynamics IT
    Currently Reading

General Dynamics IT

Well there is your problem lol jk. This is with HP.