Options

Typical duration of a CISSP boot camp 5 days or more?

listerlister Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
How long was your boot camp or online training if you went down that route?

Just trying to get a handle on the time commitment.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    If you look at Avitria/Richard Ruben's CISSP Memoir he says that he started at 8:00 (got up at 6:45), got back at 7:00 PM and studied until 11:00 PM.

Of course (and many people will tell you this),There is simply too much information to absorb in the CBK unless you're a prodigy or you have experience. I did not attend a bootcamp but I'd say that you'd need to still study for a significant amount of time before or after to successfully pass. I studied for about 3-4 hours (average) daily.
  • Options
    datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Attending in-person CISSP review course in 3 weeks and its a total of 5 days (M-F).
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Most that I've seen are 5 days (IP3, Secure Ninja, GK, NH). Sans is 6 days. Training Camp and Infosec Institute versions are 7 day.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Remember that you have to prep/study for quite some time. Going in the bootcamp cold is just a waste of time and money.
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Training Camp was 7-day total, 5 days of instruction, half day of review on day 6, and exam on day 7. I studied for three months in advance using Shon Harris' AIO. I passed the exam first try. It was truly an exhausting week, but well worth it. My employer paid for it.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    What should I be looking for in the instructor? Anything in particular? I guess practical experience is a given
  • Options
    someslackersomeslacker Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did the trainingcamp 7-day as well. It was a long week, classes went usually a total of 12 hrs. a day as we did review sessions at night. Saturday was a review day as well and Sunday was the test. All-in-all a great experience. Our instructor was Kevin Henry, you might recognize his name from the Official ISC2 Guide to the CISSP CBK book. He wrote the crypto section. I would definitely recommend him as an instructor.
  • Options
    Kevin Henry is great Ive heard of him talk before - when did you do the trainingcamp course with him? Was this recent?

what do you reckon of an offer I saw recently from a school that would "break up" the lecturing - they are suggesting this:

3 days online - then a break - then classroom bootcamp style to sort of wrap it all together?
  • Options
    someslackersomeslacker Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lister wrote: »
    Kevin Henry is great Ive heard of him talk before - when did you do the trainingcamp course with him? Was this recent?

I took their 7-day in Sterling/Dulles Virginia in mid August. He was there that week and I think Atlanta the next week. I like the full immersion of material for a solid week. Granted by Saturday morning I was near my saturation point but it definitely helped put all distractions aside and helped me focus on the material.