how long did it take you to study from sratch to pass?

jacktheripper994465221jacktheripper994465221 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
ok i just got my A+... ive done networking basics.. i learned alot during A about networking.. now im gonna start reading a net+ book

how long did it take you guys average from when you first decided to learn it. til you pased?

Comments

• certificationjourney [bancertificationjourney [ban Inactive Imported Users Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It depends on the person. I don't do a lot of studying for my certs. Meaning 1-2 weeks is the average time it takes me to study for a particular cert.
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    It depends on the person. I don't do a lot of studying for my certs. Meaning 1-2 weeks is the average time it takes me to study for a particular cert.

you've also only taken one test... wait until you get to some of the more challenging ones.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Took me about 2-3 weeks for the network+

I'm looking at 6 week or more for the security+... Just depends on the person and the test.
  • OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    depends on your motivation..time you got to study and previously gained knowledge i think
  • Too bad that all the motivation in the world won't land me a CCIE in 2 weeks too. icon_lol.gif
  • JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    u never know ^^^^^ take all the time you need to study, it's an individual basis and when you feel ready go take the exam! For me a month is enough for any cert!
  • cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    Organize, study though all your materials first. Then take a practice test. Then you will know where you stand.

Cheers
    To protect and to serve(r)...
  • cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    A good place to start is learn the OSI model, Learn your port #'s, and each app/protocol associated with them and then learn the media stuff. (10baseT)(10baseFL) etc. Know all the apps and protocols and how they relate to the OSI model.

You can do it.
    To protect and to serve(r)...
  • panikpanik Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took about 6-7 weeks to study for the Network+, and passed yesterday :)

But I literally did over 50% of my study in the last week or so.
  • triplebenctriplebenc Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How about the A+ Cert, did that take quite a while? I have alittle but not a whole lot of experience with computer hardware and thats what i'm studyin right now.
  • RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I actually passed the net + exam in 5 days! I took my A+ OS exam and passed it and I was talking to the people at the place I took the exam and they said they had some discounted Net+ vouchers that were expireing in 10 days. So I went home and ordered the exam cram net+ book, this was on January 12th and I didnt get the books unil the 17th. I read the book, and downloaded some practice questions from www.examdrill.com (not bad questions for $24.95 for 200 questions). I took the exam on the 22nd and passed it. I didnt pass it by much though maybe 20-30 points over the pass ratio. Honestly I didnt think I would pass it but since the vouchers were discounted I just figured if I failed it I would know where I stood and how much I needed to study to pass it, but to my suprise I actually passed.