can you help me...

tj123tj123 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi..all :)

i am new to this forum....i would be glad if anyone could help me with the topic about DSSS(direct sequence spread spectrum) and OFDM(orthogonal frequency division multiplexing).....i jst came across these terms in these wireless LAN topologies..

tj
icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• ubergeekubergeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DSSS OFDM... WTF?? are those military codes? drunken_smilie.gif lol.. anyway just kiddin.. so what do you have in mind for those 2 topics? It's not really my forte but I got a lil info here at my sleeves.
    Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tj123 wrote:
    i would be glad if anyone could help me with the topic about DSSS(direct sequence spread spectrum) and OFDM(orthogonal frequency division multiplexing).....i jst came across these terms in these wireless LAN topologies.
    DSSS is one of the initial 802.11 standards for the 2.4Ghz band and operated at 2Mbps -- obsolete icon_confused.gif but might still attach to an 802.11b Access Point.

OFDM is used by 802.16a -- high speed high capacity non-line-of-site wireless broadband. icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • kplabkplab Member Posts: 101
    You may find this webpage useful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11
    KPLAB
    www.kp-lab.com - Free CCNA, CCNP, and Network+ Study Guides
  • tj123tj123 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hai...

thanx for ur replies....i just get still very much cnfusd with these wireless netwrks..

tj
  • OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    mikej412 wrote:
    tj123 wrote:
    i would be glad if anyone could help me with the topic about DSSS(direct sequence spread spectrum) and OFDM(orthogonal frequency division multiplexing).....i jst came across these terms in these wireless LAN topologies.
    DSSS is one of the initial 802.11 standards for the 2.4Ghz band and operated at 2Mbps -- obsolete icon_confused.gif but might still attach to an 802.11b Access Point.

OFDM is used by 802.16a -- high speed high capacity non-line-of-site wireless broadband. icon_cool.gif

Correct me if i'm wrong

DSSS is still used with 802.11b , speed at 11Mbps with fallback of 5.5, 2 Mbps

And OFDM used with 802.11G, speed at 54Mbps

Then you have FHSS, speed at 2Mbps, so slow because it keeps hopping frequencies