Passed with 825

jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
Not the best score I've ever had on a CompTIA exam but I'll take it if it means I can stop studying this stuff! This was by far one of the driest subjects I've had to go through and I'm glad it's over.

For study, I watched the SkillSoft modules and read the Sybex Project+ book, both of which were more than sufficient.

Comments

• Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass

i am been looking to see if any vendors do a CBT Series for this exam . I have access to the Skills Soft @ work but was worried if that would be sufficient along with the books to pass this exam
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Dr IT -

SkillSoft's modules for this are a bit better than a lot of their other training. The best ones I have seen overall are the CBT Nuggets videos, which I rented for a day to see if they were worth paying for. They are, but I don't have that kind of scratch to spend on a class I wasn't interested in, and was trying to finish as fast as possible to satisfy the WGU requirement.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!

I hope to follow in your footsteps soon.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing. I agree that the Sybex book is pretty much all you need. I did find the charts in the Phillips book to be helpful. I memorized them and wrote 'em out before the exam. Helped tremendously on the formulas you may encounter.
  • paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Just started studying for this one for WGU. Whats the average amount it takes to pass this? Weekend reading? 2 weeks? 1 month?

I curious because I wanna stay on track with WGU, so far 1 class per week. And a whole buncha hurry-up-and-wait for taskstream (tis eviiiil)
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I spent about 5 weeks or so on this course, mostly due to procrastination. It all depends on experience, though, for the other courses. 1 class per week won't work once you get to the Microsoft courses. Prepare to spend some time on those, unless you are extremely experienced at Server 2008 R2.
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Paul I spent about three weeks diddling with the book, and about a week and a half studying it hardcore. I spent the first three weeks of the semester finishing up my studying for ICND2, so that took most of my focus. That said, 3-4 weeks may work for you, or it may not. I have a lot of experience with Business Process Improvement and Lean Six Sigma, and there are a lot of carry over concepts between those and project management.
  • paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Thanks for the answers! I have a baseline set for myself now! I greatly appreciate the input!
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)