Prometric

ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
When did Prometric start charging a fee to cancel or reschedule an exam?
Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete

Comments

• Shockwave29361Shockwave29361 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you're scheduling through a testing center then it might be the centers policy. If you're scheduling through Prometrics website then they probably implemented the change within the last couple months. Not sure why they would do something like that though since it's not a laborious process.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote: »
    When did Prometric start charging a fee to cancel or reschedule an exam?

It happened in july of last year if closer than 15 days.

https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/Microsoft/Pages/reschedulecancellation-faqs.aspx
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    $35 too. oh, well. After the work issues this weekend, no way I was going to be ready anyway.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I guess I can add this to my list of reasons to wait on Microsoft certification. 3 hour drive to the nearest testing center, but only on Thursdays at 9am. So, no multiple exams in one day. Have to take a day off and leave at 5:30am to make it.

If I drive 5 hours, I can go to one on a Friday afternoon. Still, only enough time for a single exam.

Pearson Vue testing center? 30 minutes away. Open Fridays, all day. I can take multiple exams no problem. If I have any problems, I can call or email and get a quick and friendly response.

I can't stand Prometric and their policies and testing centers. They've made certifications a burden... They've gone way downhill since Microsoft dropped PV. It's like they got the exclusive then didn't have to do anything else...

I do need to take a couple MS exams soon, though, so I'm going to take some vacation time and do the 5 hour thing. 3 hours to the first one at 9am, then up to the other one for an afternoon exam. Then, back to Cisco (CCNA: Security) and CompTIA (Linux+). I just have to make sure I can get to the exam centers 100% sure so I don't get hit with the fee. Make sure car is 100%, vacation is fine, work is covered (with backup) and everything else.
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Holy smokes... I shall never complain about the little traffic that I've hit when I have to take my exams ever again.

I really feel for you guys that face such a drive.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Shockwave29361Shockwave29361 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do need to take a couple MS exams soon, though, so I'm going to take some vacation time and do the 5 hour thing. 3 hours to the first one at 9am, then up to the other one for an afternoon exam. Then, back to Cisco (CCNA: Security) and CompTIA (Linux+)

You can take Cisco and CompTIA exams through Pearson Vue. I was a Prometric and Pearson test administrator at my last job and ever since Prometric upgraded the test system to TCFlow, it's been a nightmare. Sure it looks nice and clean but man, if the system crashed only once a week I would consider it a good week.