Cisco UC520 woes

HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just purchased a mint UC520 off of eBay. Fired it up and reset the Unity to default and reloaded the default startup factory config. I get all the way thru the setup using the wizard on CCA but my 2 7941's and CUIP never auto register to CME. I can see the phones and IPC on the topology page on CCA. I did a hard reset to the phones and now they are stuck on the firmware upgrade page. Im totally up against a wall now. I upgrade the files in flash to 8.6 from 8.2 and reloaded using the 8.6 factory cfg file. The unity is still on 8.1 when I did a show tele-service command. Where can I turn now. I did check the phone network settings before and they did show they were getting a tftp server address and proper network addresses. Everything seems to work except phones dont auto register or seem to get there loads files. SOS HELP!!!
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did a complete firmware upgrade to version 8.2 and it seemed to fix all of my issues. The upgrade process thru CCA is pretty awesome. It reformats the flash and upgrades Unity and CME and pulls all of the phone files from on tar file. Well Done Cisco!
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just want to do a follow up for those of you who try to upgrade the UC520. If you add different vlans to the UC520 you must delete the vlan.dat file in flash and then use CLI to make Vlan 100 and VLAN 10 again. The restore factory defaults will not clear your extra Vlans. Mine was all hosed up from the previous owner and took me awhile to figure it out why my UC520 would not register phones right out of the box. To date the UC520 has been the coolest Cisco product I have owned and is the easiest Cisco product to get up and running out of the box. I actually feel like you dont have to be an Engineer to set one up compared to my 2801 lab.