Options

JK0-701 : strange issue

StaTiKStaTiK Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, this is my first post so forgive me if this is common knowledge. I have searched the forum though and didn't find the answer.

I'm looking to gain A+ certification; I am attending a community college for Cisco classes and I'm already Security+ certified (out of order, I know). To save money I obviously want to take the discounted jk0-701 exam instead of the 220-701 exam.

Earlier today I was about register to take the exam when I was given the option to register for the JK0-701 exam but not asked for an E2C member number. My college is probably a member (given the types of classes offered) but talking with the student services about anything is like beating your head against a wall. I've also taken training at government education centers, as listed on Cisco's E2C page.

So my question is: am I somehow already enrolled/eligible or am I missing a step that I need to finish before showing up on test day, which could mean forfeiting a non-refundable fee? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments

• Options
    superjerelmansuperjerelman Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    when I registered for JK0-701, I used a discount voucher that the school provided. I never need the E2C number, but your school might be different, I would ask one of your teachers who does hardware/software or networking training to see if they know how your school handles it.
    BS:IT from WGU.
  • Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    I agree with superjerelman, I just did Project+ through WGU and they gave me a voucher code for JK0-whatever project+ is and all I did was sign up for the exam like any other certification and entered the voucher code in the box. I believe the E2C number is for the college buying the educational discount voucher. So when pearson vue processes the voucher code they can track it back to your school.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.