Options

simulator question

alimoealimoe Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
The instructions that were on the ccna exam kind of confused me regarding the simulator questions. There was a problem where you have 3 routers and on one of the routers you had to create a first useable subnet for one interface and the second useable subnet for the other interface. I wasn't not sure if that's all they was asking for, which was to configure the interfaces or configure rip as well. All they did ask for was to configure the interface but they did detail the router was using rip. It was kind of confusing. I'm thrown of for the fact they said it's using router rip. So in my mind I'm asking should I be configuring rip as well??
Anyone who knows anything about this question, please help??

Comments

• Options
    nethersdenizennethersdenizen Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had a question like that too(i wont say that question because signed the form saying I wouldn't say what was on test) and it was confusing

They make it sound like RIP was configured, but then I found it wasn't when I looked at the configuration. So after reading and rereading what they were asking I still wasn't sure what the heck they wanted me to do so I just went with the idea nothing was setup and got everything working but ate up my test time. The computer the test was on was so slow it would lag when I typed commands(about 1-2 seconds a letter) and if I get more than a couple letters ahead it would leave stuff out and had to retype it. Then after hitting enter it would sit for a while and think about it.

Do the the letters take a while to show up on the screen after you type on on your test too? Or was that just mine?

AHHHHH, waste of my time then I was so rushed I could barly calculate subnets and read the questions carefully.

They need to say clearly what has been done and what needs to be done.
    Which they didn't do, they just put it all in a big list.

Either they should make it very clear or give more time to the test taker.

I'm not going to take the 607 again, going to try to go for 801 or take those two new exams; that way I only need to focus on half the test at a time. Cisco's website has info on the three paths to CCNA.

I think they wanted you to setup RIP....Hope this helps a little, maybe?
  • Options
    anpuanpu Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the simulators are too confusing. You reaaly don't understand what exactly they want you to do. I faced the same problem twice and don't know what to do about it. Can anyone tell me who to contact because this is a serious issue. And yes off course there is a lag .
  • Options
    slysyukslysyuk Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did somebody tried to make full config of a router in this Sims ??? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    yannchuayannchua Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i think i got that too...

really very confusing...
    but i just did a basic configuring of the ip address to the interface and that's it... don't if it is correct....
  • Options
    alimoealimoe Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you know what.. that was the same problem i got too.. and i did the same configuration because they were asking for the first usuable subnet and for the second useable subnet....i got the same error message saying the the ip address was overlapping.... i lost sleep cuz of that...
  • Options
    slysyukslysyuk Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    alimoe wrote:
    you know what.. that was the same problem i got too.. and i did the same configuration because they were asking for the first usuable subnet and for the second useable subnet....i got the same error message saying the the ip address was overlapping.... i lost sleep cuz of that...
    May be you count something wrong .... I've just issue the
    ip address [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] mask [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] command on both interfaces and that's all .... I've got 100% on Routed protocols ...... Everything fine in the Sims!!! icon_wink.gif

BTW I've got 949 at first try .... icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    sanjanasanjana Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the same question in sim.

Actually by using the subnet mask u have to divide the valid subnets and regarding valid hosts first.

then they asked u to configure the router using first to usable subnets.Usable subnet means first host in each subnet.

Now u r having first two valid subnets.So from that two valid subnets take first valid host and assign it to each interface.

This question is regarding subnetting.u should be through with subnet topics.u will get good notes on subnetting in techexams notes.

All the best for exam.
  • Options
    djjitdjjit Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The best way to answer this would be by looking at an example;

Say you are given a network of 192.100.45.0/28 & I want you to use the first valid host address of the first subnet for e0 & the first valid host address of the second subnet for s0.

Procedure;
    What does /28 equate to? 240
    240-
    So the first & second subnets are 16 & 32. The usable host range of the first subnet is 17-30 & 33-46 for the second. Therefore, the addresses are
    e0= 192.100.45.17 255.255.255.240
    s0= 192.100.45.33 255.255.255.240

Note:
    Need to understand the question.
    Know your subnetting really well, this is more of a subnetting question than a routing question.
    On the erasable not pad write down a few (probable) subnets during the exam. See my tips