Passed CISSP exam!

gunwant.sgunwant.s Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
All,

I really want to thank all the people (Admins/moderators/seniors/juniors) active on this forum who helped me achieve this goal. Special thanks to authors Shon Harris, Eric Conrad, and Clement Dupuis who helped me learn concepts and eventually crack this monster.

Six years ago, I took help of this forum to crack CCSP exams. From the bottom of my heart, I really want to thank all you guys who help the community accomplish their objectives.

For CISSP, it was a five months dedicated study - about 20 hours a week. As aforementioned, my primary source of learning was Shon Harris. Prepared my notes from it and revised them as I went along about 2-3 times before exam. I occasionally referred to Eric Conrad (which is also a good book) and CISSP for dummies. Also, about a week ago, referred to some youtube videos for unclear concepts. Purchased CCCure exams and practiced AIO DVD questions thoroughly. The exam is not difficult, but tricky. Importantly, have a good sleep before exam and don't forget your common sense on the day.

Thank you all!

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • someslackersomeslacker Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Big congrats on the pass!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    gunwant.s wrote: »
    All,

I really want to thank all the people (Admins/moderators/seniors/juniors) active on this forum who helped me achieve this goal. Special thanks to authors Shon Harris, Eric Conrad, and Clement Dupuis who helped me learn concepts and eventually crack this monster.

Six years ago, I took help of this forum to crack CCSP exams. From the bottom of my heart, I really want to thank all you guys who help the community accomplish their objectives.

For CISSP, it was a five months dedicated study - about 20 hours a week. As aforementioned, my primary source of learning was Shon Harris. Prepared my notes from it and revised them as I went along about 2-3 times before exam. I occasionally referred to Eric Conrad (which is also a good book) and CISSP for dummies. Also, about a week ago, referred to some youtube videos for unclear concepts. Purchased CCCure exams and practiced AIO DVD questions thoroughly. The exam is not difficult, but tricky. Importantly, have a good sleep before exam and don't forget your common sense on the day.

Thank you all!

Congratulations...

You deserved it and now the time to enjoy!

I am also going through the same study resources and practice exams. My exam is on 19th Oct. Any special tips for me?

Thanks
    SB
  • coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • gunwant.sgunwant.s Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @ SkyBlue:
    Clarify all your doubts and stress upon learning "concepts". I agree that cramming may be required a little bit, but more importantly is the understanding of the concepts. That is, how that information is applied practically in a real life problem. For example, we know different security models, but in what scenario they are implemented, what problems they resolve, etc. is more important. There will be many scenario based questions, so cramming won't help there, conceptualized learning will. Don't stress too much on the day before exam. That is it and Good Luck!
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, gunwant.s! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • gunwant.sgunwant.s Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SkyBlue wrote: »
    Congratulations...

You deserved it and now the time to enjoy!

I am also going through the same study resources and practice exams. My exam is on 19th Oct. Any special tips for me?

Thanks
    SB

Learn the concepts and have a good understanding about them. Think of every concept/technology you learn in a practical way. That's it. Good luck!
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congratulations gunwant.s!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • SollybaySollybay Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□