Hey all!! New member here and have some questions.

Joe A.Joe A. Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm taking a class for the ICND in March and I might be confused on the way that I can take my exam for the CCNA.If I just take the ICND course,does that mean that I can ONLY take the ICND portion of the exam?!Or will I be able to take the full exam with just that part of it?Also how heavily does the INTRO course weigh into the full exam? Thanks for any and all replies, Joe. :D

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You could sign up right now for the CCNA exam, or any CCNP, CCSP, CCDA, CCDP or CCIE exams. The only requirement is paying for the exam. Taking a class or reading a book or having experience only increases your chances of passing any given exam.

I went through the Cisco Network Academy and took the single CCNA exam, but I'm guessing that only about 20% of the CCNA exam covers INTRO material -- but subnetting does overlap between both INTRO and ICND.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It depends on your current level of familiarity with Cisco equipment, and for that matter, networking in general. Take a couple of the free practice exams for the Intro test (Like the one on this site) to gauge your current knowledge level.