Options

Passed 640-801 - 975

nmilotnmilot Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Unbelievable. I sat down to take the exam, answered the first couple of multiple choice questions, and then came question #4, a vtp sim. It was a 5 part multiple choice question. The way it was supposed to work was, you answer the first question, and then you must have to click somewhere else to see the next question. I never really read the instructions, and that cost me...so I thought. I ended up just hitting the NEXT button at the bottom right of the screen. Well that ends the sim and brings you right to question 6. I couldn't believe it, I never answered the other 4 parts! I had an ospf sim a few questions later, and it took me over 10 minutes to figure out. Turns out I made a typo that screwed me all up. By that point I thought I was done. Anxiety was gone, and I was just thinking about when I should reschedule. I flew through the rest of the exam, not even taking much time to check and double check my answers. Finished with 30 minutes to go. When the results came, I figured it'd be a low 800. I was astonished to see a 975.

I used hands on training, transcender, 2 cisco press books, and ****.com as my study materials.

Plenty of questions on OSPF and EIGRP. A ton on switching. One or two on nat, and a couple of access-list questions.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the pointer on the sims. I will taking this exam soon and don't want to mess up. Congrats!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I hate "testlets" -- 4 or 5 questions for the price one. I don't remember seeing any testlets until the CCNP exams -- but it was in the pre-test demo when I took the CCNA.

I think the testlets should be programed to go to the next testlet question, rather than exit out (even with the are you sure prompt). The next at the last testlet question should then exit the testlet.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Yes, I do remember that "are you sure" prompt. You only see it after sims and after drag and drop questions. I didn't think anything of it until the second i clicked "yes." Of course I'm sure! It'd be better if they said something like "You have only answered 1 of the 5 questions. Are you sure you want to continue?"
  • Options
    Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, u did it.

Did you get any STP questions, and how long did you study for?

Thanks!
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    mikej412 wrote:
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I hate "testlets" -- 4 or 5 questions for the price one. I don't remember seeing any testlets until the CCNP exams -- but it was in the pre-test demo when I took the CCNA.

I think the testlets should be programed to go to the next testlet question, rather than exit out (even with the are you sure prompt). The next at the last testlet question should then exit the testlet.

Amen!

On the Intro exam, this nearly killed me. . . I hit the next button by accident, and the test went on to the next question. . . without even "are you sure"?
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    txtechtxtech Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I also had the same type of switch and ospf simulation that you had. I also almost pressed next to go to the next question but thank god that it asks you if you really want to proceed.

Congrats Again on the pass
  • Options
    EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's odd. It just goes to show you it really is the luck of the draw. All the questions that I had on ICND referencing routing protocols were "Look at this routing table" or "What is the path OSPF would take between router A and Router D". I only had one SIM and it was configuring RIP, of all things. Grace of God I suppose.
  • Options
    Sa'ad wrote:

Did you get any STP questions, and how long did you study for?

Thanks!

Well I took the intro exam way back when, probably actually a year ago, and passed. Then I got lazy and I took way to long of a break to start studying for ICND. So what I did was, starting in december, I read a chapter a night (usually only on week nights) from the ICND book, and I reread the important intro chapters. From there I would try to take a 50 question exam every day, taking notes on any questions I struggled with. And then, instead of taking the intro, i actually went with the Full CCNA exam.

There were one or two STP questions, nothing crazy. A lot of the stuff I studied wasn't even on the exam. I probably could have skipped the ISDN and frame relay chapters. Only a couple access list questions, and 1 or 2 nat. There were a couple of questions asking you about "if host a sends to host b, when the packet reaches b, what is the source/destination mac and ip."
  • Options
    EricO wrote:
    All the questions that I had on ICND referencing routing protocols were "Look at this routing table" or "What is the path OSPF would take between router A and Router D". quote]

I don't even think I saw one of those "path" questions. I did see a couple of questions where they showed a group of routers along with a routing table. You then had to point out which router the table belonged to.
  • Options
    Saltee1Saltee1 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dude that is great...I am super happy for you because that damn test got me all crazy. I got the exact same two sims...the vtp with 5 questions and the OSPF that I realized now that I didn't check all three routers. However I did not pass so you must have been a beast on the rest..Congrats and I plan on taking it again real soon. Thanks for the encouragement!! icon_evil.gif