Options

My New Lab

HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I sold off the old 2801 Lab and started new. The UC520 has by far surpassed any expectation that I had and discover new things everyday using it. CCA is a well laid out program for setting up CME and CUE with out even having to crack open a book. Im glad I set up everything on a 2801 router first and mucked thru it but the UC520 is where its at. Cool menus, fully customize your phones and the Auto Attendent is super easy to program. I miss it when I sell it.

The New Lab consists of the following. This also includes my MCITP lab and the Beast that runs it all.

1) Cisco UC520 with CME 8.6 and Unity 8.6
2) 2 Cisco 7941G Phones
3) 1 Cisco 7945 Phone
4) 1 Cisco 7911 Phone
5) Cisco IP Communicator
6) VM Ware Desktop running CUCM 8.6.2
7) Cisco WAP-4410 Access Point
icon_cool.gif 2 Server 2008 R2 Domain Controllers Virtual Box
9) 1 Server 2008 R2 WDS Server Virtual Box
10) 2 Windows 7 Pro 32bit and 1 64 bit Win7 Virtual Box
11) Windows 8 Virtual Box

For you computer guys, here is the rig that its all running on.

Evga X58 Classified MB
Intel i7 960 OC to 4.25Ghz
12GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 OC to 2000Mhz
1000 watt corsair PSU
EVGA GTX 285 Classified 1GB Video Card
Corsair 120GB SSD
2 WD 640GB Black HD
1 WD 2TB Black
Corsair H50 Liquid Cooled
Lian Li PCF7 Case

“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    *sigh* Wish I had space for all this.
    very nice.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you using the motherboard 2-Nics? How are you putting the VMs on the network?

Nice I have the same Motherboard, and Had the non-classified GPU ;)

I'm actually trying to upgrade as my computer is shot, so Im biting the bullet to build another one. I'll need the 680, and will definitely need to do SLI. I plan on buying two more U3011s before the U3013s come out. I heard that software can be picky about different model monitors.

I was about to ask if that was the H80 for your CPU cooler!

What's your layout look like - monitor wise? I notice you have a dual screen setup by the windows.

Gotta ask where you got the CME and CUCM, I'm in need of it for my own studies!

Pics of your work space!

Sweet UC520!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Im using a 24" HP and a 24" Hanns G from my older computer. The Video card handles it without and issue at all. I do use both Nics on the MB. One goes to the Verizon Fios router and switch and the Other goes to my Cisco lab. This allows me to enable/disable either NIC and allows me to test out the VPN server on the Cisco gear. Just setup easy VPN Server and install the Client on the computer and away you go. Im still using the Corsair H50 cooler with Indigo Extreme Phase change thermal paste. Running Intel Burn Test on max settings, I have never seen it go above 62*C.

“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    Pretty sweet setup. I wish I had money for a CUE.. icon_sad.gif
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • Options
    I wish I had money for Q, too.

Once I know what to buy for my lab, i'll be posting here! I gotta fix my computer. But I want two more monitors before that!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    I'm thinking about upgrading to 1 Korean 27" monitor. They are sweet, cheap, and full of PIXELS!!! lol
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • Options
    I was thinking about going Korean. The 30"s I've seen were incompatable to show a resolution less than 2560x1600. I'd like to try surround gaming. I was thinking 3D surround, but I can't see myself using 3D often enough to justify the lower realestate.