Options

Windows Server 2012 Launch Tour

AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
I attended the Windows Server 2012 Launch Tour in my hometown last week. You can download the presentation slides here: Built from the Cloud Up

Among the new features presented, here are some that caught my attention:

1) Data deduplication: Introduction to Data Deduplication in Windows Server 2012 - The Storage Team at Microsoft - File Cabinet Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

2) From a Windows 8 client, you open a 100 MB Word file located on a Windows Server 2012. You change only 1 line of text in the Word document. When you save the file, only the delta (change) is sent to the Windows Server 2012 via the network, not the whole file.

3) IPAM: Holistic administration of IP address space using Windows Server 2012 IP Address Management - Microsoft Windows DHCP Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

4) When a DHCP client broadcast a request, if there are many DHCP servers on the subnet, the first one who answers to the client request will tell the others not to answer.
Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.

Comments

• Options
    gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information. I also have been following Windows Server 2012 in the past weeks and it seems like a great product. Im getting interest on it and maybe try to attain the new MCSE after i finish my masters.
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter