My setup......just because everyone else has a thread...lol

jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
Sorry for it being junky but long nights...lol. This is my humble setup...I'm running a 2 site topology because other parts are needed for the 2811 on top.

PSTN - 3725
HQ - 3825 with a NME-16ES-1G-P with the latest 3750 image
BR1 - 2811
BR2 - 2811
Random routers - 2 2851s
Phones - 7961GE, 7961, 7970, and 7941
ESXi - This is main box that is central for my house. I have pfSense, Server 2008R2 AD/Radius, and some other stuff on here but for voice I'm running CUCM 8.5 (x2), CUCx, and CUPS. I'm also going to install UCCX (just to get familiar) and Lync Server, because from what I'm hearing, Lync Server 2013 is going to be a BEAST, so I'm going to get familiar with 2010 just to be ahead of the learning curve.

Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    no pictures of your computers and work space?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    The computer is actually in 2 of the pictures.....hiding...lol. It's just a

Supermicro X8SAX
    Xeon L5530
    24GB RAM
    Individual Velociraptors for Primary Datastores and RE3 Hard Drives for Secondary Services

All safely snugged in a Lian Li PC-K9B case.

Now as far as my work space, it is really nothing to right home about. I have 2 17" monitors that I'm ashamed to take a picture of with my speakers, audio interface, and Native Instruments Maschine Mikro...really nothing to see...lol
    Logitech® Stereo Speakers Z110

my speakers.

I went from bookshelf to 10 dollar pair of crap icon_sad.gif

You'll get rep if you post the pictures ;)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Funny, I know 3 other Cisco guys and all of their home computers are in Lian Li cases. Great Minds think alike :D
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
    I use a cardboard box.

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @jahsoul - Nice setup, and what lab pic would be complete without the ubiquitous Cisco Press book? icon_rolleyes.gif

@Roguetadhg - lol about cardboard box icon_lol.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
    See my Office link in my signature!

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    See my Office link in my signature!

Haha, you weren't kidding @ Roguetadhg
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
    Hondabuff wrote: »
    Funny, I know 3 other Cisco guys and all of their home computers are in Lian Li cases. Great Minds think alike :D
    Lian Li...nothing but the best for me...lol
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    @jahsoul - Nice setup, and what lab pic would be complete without the ubiquitous Cisco Press book? icon_rolleyes.gif

@Roguetadhg - lol about cardboard box icon_lol.gif
    That book is there because I literally put it down to take the pic. After the picture, I went back to reading. Im honestly about to start investing in epubs.
    My old case was a Lian Li. It was a full-tower with wheels. PC-V2110 w/ Sound-proofing material. I didn't like it after a while. Mostly because the front grills just popped off; They weren't secured onto the chasis. After a while, I stopped caring after troubleshooting, I just tossed the small pieces away. It looked tacky, didn't like the door flying open and such.

I'd like to go back, but I don't see myself going Lian Li. Not for a full tower again, atleast.

I'll probably go Case Labs. I'm thinking: MAGNUM TX10-D - CaseLabs Store. Enough tower to house 4 Power supplies, water cooling, two computers (One for gaming and the other for naughties.) It costs less than a nVidia 690, atleast!

I think I'll stay with my cardboard box.icon_cry.gif

I drooled on my shirt. It's geek pr0n, Gentlemen.
    TX10_D_Front_48093_zoom__09999.1337228799.1280.1280.jpg

• justinrleejustinrlee Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey jahsoul. I saw your post in the FS thread but I can't PM you since I just signed up at TE. Anyways, I'm interested in buying one (or more) of your routers (the 2811/2851/3825). Shoot me an email - justin.r.lee on outlook.com or gmail.com. Also, for references - justinrlee on eBay.

Also, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Justin
    No apologies needed..lol. And I just shot you an email.