Hot Area & Active Screen - a step...

For those of you who haven't heard about it yet, MS will introduce a new exam format -Hot Area & Active Screen- this summer, a step towards ensuring exam integrity and quality. Contrary to the previous types of MCP exam questions where a person could easily get away with braindumps, this new system will require a better familiarity with "screens"-on a live system of course-, hence cutting down the amount of dumpers being dumped into the IT world. icon_mad.gif

Can't wait till this system goes live. It's good, in my idea. Probably a step towards something like a CISCO exam with Lab stuff and all. icon_lol.gif

What do ya'll think? :D
Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I read it a while back, and I agree, I think it is a good thing. Although I think only a 'couple' of questions will use that format, it is a step in the right direction, it makes hands-on experience even more essential.

Will be a heck of a job to update our test engine again, to allow us to create such questions for practice... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    i like it.. if i am reading this correctly.. the test will be more like "show me how to do <insert objective here> on the screen"

this will require more hands on experience to the OS ... i always felt this is where MS certs lacked a little real world experience as it was more book knowledge than actual hands on..

thumbs up if they do it.. cuz i work better at the SCREEN
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Finally, MS is following other vendors practice on their certification exams.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn