SWITCH: Third time's a charm!!

poguepogue Member Posts: 213
Finally passed the SWITCH exam on Friday, after two fails (by about 40 points each time). Still not a big fan of that damn test.

I swear. It seemed to me that someone opened up a random study guide to the section they were looking for a question from, and just poked their finger down on the page, and then wrote the sentence verbatim on the test and made it a question.

I had teachers in both high school and college who did that, and I consider it the ultimate sign of laziness. I have never failed an IT certification in my life, and I failed the SWITCH exam twice before I passed it.

IMHO, the actual multiple choice questions on the SWITCH exam are about as un-real world as one can possibly get. The actual sim portion is very good, and tests what you need to know.

I used CBT Nuggets, the OCG, INE, and CCNP Switch Simplified study guide.

Looking to take the TSHOOT exam within the next week.

Russ
Currently working on: CCNA:Security
Up next: CCNA:Voice

Comments

• MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats Russ, way to push through. I'm gearing up to take this exam in the next couple weeks.. not sure I'm thrilled about it after reading this though. Well anyways, good luck on TSHOOT!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    nice work, im taking this exam next week, and I have never been lucky in my life, and sounds like alot of luck is involved in passing this exam which shouldnt be the case!

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, pogue, on passing SWITCH. I admire your perseverance. Good luck on TSHOOT! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! and OOF! This makes me a little more scared of this exam :O . I am about a month away from taking mine...
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz!!! I agree with you, some of those questions I was thinking "What the Hell." The sims were a pretty good test of the material. Good luck on the Tshoot exam.
  • Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    Congratz! I'm not looking forward to taking the CCNP at all now that I have read this. Good job not giving up though!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! On to the next!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Glad to hear you didn't let the previous attempts bring you down. Good luck with TSHOOT!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi