Options

Advice -- where to start programming.

lmxlmx Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi I do not know if at my age (35) would be good I'm pretty old and would like to start studying a programming language but this has very high demand and pay good money, all my experience is in network, wireless and server. What do you suggest? "ZERO EXp in programming."

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Everybody should try to learn programing to discover if they like designing and writing software and are actually good at it. Many people dislike the intense and detailed problem solving required to write non-trivial programs. However, there are also many people who find it stimulating and do enjoy it. Taking a formal college class on introduction to programming in a popular language, like Java or C#. You will find there is a lot more to writing software than you realize.

As to age, try learning programming sooner than later. The speed at which your brain processes information, and your capacity to remember information short- and long-term, are crucial factors for being a good/better/best programmer. As we all get older, the brain is the second thing to go, so don't wait too long to try learning programming.