Options

Transitioning into a new role once again

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I've been on the job for 2 months as a lead analyst and have been promoted to (title is still up in the air) Service Delivery Lead.

Compensation package is still on the table but it comes with a few more benefits and a higher pay rate.

I'm a little nervous because I will be leading leads now, who manage 14-15 people a piece. I am also taking on financial responsibilities revolving around the service. We have some high level consultants there helping out 2-3 days a week to assist with the transition.

I went from the lead of the service desk to delivery lead of the desktop and deskside leads and their direct reports. I am also vendor side project manager for Windows 7. There is a lot on my plate and just wanted to get it off my chest I suppose. (Staying up to 1 am finishing a monthly status performance report probably didn't help).

I'm excited but tired and a little nervous. You would think by now I would be use to this. I am not :)

Anyway just wanted to keep the forum up to date. I technicially have to wait for my replacement then I am off to the new role.
Wish me luck.......

Comments

• Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck, I know you will do well!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You change jobs more than I change my socks...

J/K man... good luck!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck, N2IT! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sounds like a fun new job and a great feather in your cap. Congrats.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks guys and gals

It's with the same company just an elevated role.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm sure you'll be great. Big congrats.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Congrats. It's always great to be recognized and promoted.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats N2IT. And good luck. It's good to be a little tired and a little nervous. A little healthy fear can sometimes do wonders. It sounds like you have been doing great otherwise this opportunity would not have presented itself.

And now that you are leading teams - try to avoid staying up to 1am to do those status reports. :D It's good to lead by example, but don't forget to delegate. Something as simple as delegating portions of status reports can be empowering for your staff (if positioned correctly) if they know that it's an opportunity for them to develop content that would be presented to your management.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the new opportunity! Keep it up!
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats N2IT! It sounds like a lot but I'm sure you'll do great icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! I'm sure you deserve it. :)
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats and all the best....