Options

Clearwire!!!

x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
Man Im getting into this little piece of technology. Didnt know it existed. Its a little step above the usual wireless connection. Instead of a router giving you the wireless, you have a freaking Tower giving you the signal. So you have service no matter where you go instead of losing signal of one wireless network and needing another wireless network if you move! You have to though take the modem with you if you are moving with your laptop, that is the device that will communicate with the Tower (like a router) to give you access to their network.

I havent gotten deep with this stuff and just recently found it. Dont know if anybody else knows so I decided to get the word out.

Here is the main link

www.clearwire.com

a model of how to use it in your house, in setting up your own Wireless LAN.

http://www.clearwire.com/support/support_acc.htm
There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Sounds cool, but I think the idea is too new. I can't even check for availibility in my area, the little finder doesn't work. Plus, I would think the expense would so heavy, especially at first. Maybe someday, but the modem would have to get smaller, a lot smaller, like a PC card.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    Sounds pretty neat to me.
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This looks like the WiMax 802.16 technology that is fairly new. I agree that this is interesting technology. I am anxcious to try it out when/if we get in this area. There are some nearby towns that have the ability to get it but do not know of anyone personally that has.

I would like to hear from someone that has it or had it to get a review on it.
  • Options
    cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    Sounds interesting to me.
    To protect and to serve(r)...