Options

uCertify Frauds

ephemericephemeric Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Don't use them, see my mail below to them:

Your EC-Council CHFI v8 course prep proved to be useless.

What a load of garbage. I spent an entire month studying your garbage notes.

Most of the exam questions, the objectives were not covered in prep kit.

The five hundred tools you teach on, which most of your course notes
are based on,

are not tested on.

What a waste of time and money.

I WILL NEVER USE YOU AGAIN.

In the meantime I have complained on every site, my blog, Facebook
etc. I can find.

I think you should refund me my money.

I have informed EC-Council themselves of your worthless course content, directly

to the Certification Director himself as I have been dealing with him
in the past.

Comments

• Options
    taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this... or if there is a right place for this at all. I think it's par for the course that everyone would recommend using at least 2 or 3 different resources when studying for any exam... especially a higher end exam such as these. I hope you did not soley rely on uCertify to prep you completely for your exam. Also, it's hard to find anyone credible that is speaking so obviously from an angry emotional state. This, in my opinion, is quite unprofressional.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    ephemeric, what other materials did you use to prep for the CEH besides uCertify? And what recommendations did you find that had you decide to try the uCertify CEH prep products?
  • Options
    Two or three different sources of materials? How much studying do you want to do for such a simple exam? "especially a higher end exam such as these." no come on the exam was a joke, you should see some of the questions there. This is a Mickey Mouse entry level cert. Trust me, I am credible, I spent a month studying and did the exam, you haven't. I'm past the stage of being professional, these certs are such a waste of time and money. The only reason I did CHFI is the university gives you a subject credit for it. Because of my past knowledge I managed to 82% for the exam but that's not the point. The point is there is so much meaningless, irrelevant material presented by Ucertify that has no bearing on the exam whatsoever.
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    ephemeric, what other materials did you use to prep for the CEH besides uCertify? And what recommendations did you find that had you decide to try the uCertify CEH prep products?

Erm, they are officially endorsed by EC-Council. The cert director himself told me after I had purchased the materials that they were insufficient to prepare. On a closing note, uCertify is refunding me.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Out of curiosity I searched for uCertify here and a few threads came up claiming the material mas not very good. I wonder if you did your due diligence and researched the material before purchasing. I'm glad to see they refunded you. Even if you think the material sucks it looks like they provided good service by refunding you. Based on that it may not qualify as fraud.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    ephemeric wrote: »
    Erm, they are officially endorsed by EC-Council. The cert director himself told me after I had purchased the materials that they were insufficient to prepare.
    I wonder what exactly "officially endorsed by EC-Council" really means. Does it mean that ECC directly reviewed and approved the study materials? Perhaps it means that the study materials vendor only paid a licensing fee to the ECC and nothing more. I'd really like someone with official knowledge to chime in on this.
    ephemeric wrote: »
    On a closing note, uCertify is refunding me.
    Excellent! Refunding the purchase of an unsatisfied customer is certainly not the typical action of a fraudulent study preparation materials provider. Glad to hear it.
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I searched for uCertify here and a few threads came up claiming the material mas not very good. I wonder if you did your due diligence and researched the material before purchasing. I'm glad to see they refunded you. Even if you think the material sucks it looks like they provided good service by refunding you. Based on that it may not qualify as fraud.

First, I apologise to all for my rants and outburst, forgive me.

Now, I am guilty, I did NOT research uCertify because they are officially endorsed by EC-Council. Duh. I assumed they would be fine.

I studied hard for the CEH and have plenty experience in that area and made the mistake of using ****, which are nothing but stolen exams

so I wanted something else, something honest. Anyway, this is my impatience causing me pain, for anyone wanting to do the CHFIv8 I would suggest waiting for an

officially approved study guide.

The below mail is from the director himself:
    Hi Robert, I'm sorry for the late reply. I had to do a bit of investigation before giving you an answer. Ucertify's CHFI materials would not be sufficient = for CHFI V8.

Thank you.

Best regards, Norazwa Ahmad Murad Certification Manager / Acting Certification Director
    cerdirector@eccouncil.org
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had uCertify access from WGU and I only used it towards the end of my studies to see if there were any gaps. For the GIAC ISO exam the practice questions made me over confident because they were nothing like the actual exam and more like a general IT test.
  • Options
    colby_arcolby_ar Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    uCertify almost always falls short of being a sufficient source of study material on its own. Occasionally I get an email with a promo code for 50% off of 5 courses or something like that and I will purchase a couple to use as supplemental practice exams. Their courses never rank above tier 3 on my training materials however.

That said... it seems like there isn't much in the way of 3rd party training material for the v8 exams. Does anyone have anything that they would recommend?
  • Options
    Wow! I just got a call from the uCertify CEO apologising.

Like I said they have refunded my money and he said they would give me some free vouchers.

I'm not after free things and I have two printed study guides for my next cert.

I did say to him that 7 of their chapters were spot on in terms of content and exam readiness questions. The rest were garbage.

He said they will work with EC-Council on improving the CHFIv8 content, and I was concerned about them being the only cert place offering

a prep kit so early on as the CHFIv8 exam was not even released on VUE yet.

Okay, so I must say, it is actually a damn decent effort on their part and all things considered, especially so early for them to release content for CHFIv8.

In terms of customer service well done 100%!