Options

PSTN question.

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Quick question for all those who are studying the Voice certification.

What are you doing to simulate the PSTN? I was thinking of getting a home telephone line, but I don't know if it's worth the money if I can just simulate it?
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    Of course I'd find the topic I was looking for after I posted this... My apologies.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp-voice/27653-pstn-simulator.html
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    LOL...it happens to the best of us. I personally use a 3725 for my PSTN setup.
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Depends on the cash you have. I would get a 2821 since they are dropping to the 200 dollar price range and they can run up to 15.1 code. That will get you all the way through CUCM8 and some of the 9x features.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Nice, I appreciate the replies. I haven't taken the ICND2 yet and I'm in the proces of planning for the future. Is it pretty easy to replicate/simulate an outside phone line?
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    You have to build out a CME with different dial peers pointing down different trunks. So someone just looking to learn how this all works may find it overwhelming at times.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I use a 3725 fitted out with 4 x E1, 2 x T1, 6 x Serial (in NM's) and a 7960+7914. Fun to set up, though getting the translation patterns setup to do ISDN type of number for all eventualities is challenging.
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Magic Jack works well.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln