JNCIS-SP Passed

networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
It's been a while since I've taken an exam and with my JNCIA about to expire next month I decided to give this one a shot. Just like the JNCIA I think this was an over all easy exam assuming you have studied properly. The questions are definitely not on the level of complexity of a similar level Cisco exam. The only place I didn't feel 100% on is the switching sections as I really don't have much experience with switching on the Juniper side. I have a good handle on STP and switching theory, but not really with the implementation on the MX platform. The score report reflects pretty well my comfort level with the technologies.

I used the official course material for the JIR, JMV and JSPX to study and it covers everything you need to know!

Scored 94%.

VPNs 100%
Ethernet Switching and Virtual LANs 71%
Spanning Tree 100%
Protocol Independent Routing and High Availability 80%
OSPF 100%
IS-IS 100%
BGP 100%
Tunnels 100%
IPv6 80%
MPLS 100%
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.

Comments

• jdstarnsjdstarns Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Time for the JNCIP-SP!
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats on the pass! It may be time to start working on JNCIE-SP. A close friend of mine just took his exam over in Amderstam.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What is the JNCIS-SP equivalent to on the Cisco side?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't know if there is a straight equivalent on the Cisco side, but its a mixture of the CCIP and CCNP topics.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Excellent, congrats!
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    congrats on the pass, whats next? Do you plan on going down the full SP path?
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Thanks everyone.

I'll probably try to knock out the JNCIP-SP by the end of the year or early next year after a read through the advanced level materials (I took the courses last year so a refresher will be in order). After that I need to do some sort of Cisco pro level exam next year to recert there, maybe ROUTE. After that hopefully the JNCIE-SP if I have the time and motivation!