Length of time to pass network+

jowen714jowen714 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good Morning All,
I am new to networking and I wonder what is a safe amount of time to pass the network+ exam, currently I have about 2 to 3 hours a day (sometimes) to read, study, etc. What works for you. To all of you that has taken and passed, CONGRATS.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

John

Comments

• datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jowen714-

Time needed to pass N+ really depends on you. I would start out by reading some previous posts on TE and consider picking up a Network+ book. Darril Gibson's Network+ book is all I needed to digest the material and pass the 301 exam, but I also had previous experience. Still a good place to start.

Good luck...
  • jowen714jowen714 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you for your comments. I did pick up the ExamCram book for the n10-005 test, I have seen links for Professor Messer videos (looking at those as well), just frustrating as I can read many pages and have to go back and re-read severasl times as I think I am trying to cram too much too fast
  • 3Dtechguy3Dtechguy Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took me 2 weeks and about 2 hrs a day of study time to pass. Although, I have prior networking knowledge and knew a good amount of the material already. I'd focus on common ports and the 7 layer model and what is associated with it. Also had quite a bit of wireless questions on there when I took it. I used the 7 layer model practice test on here to study a bit and I'm glad I did.
  • jowen714jowen714 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It will take me a lot longer than two weeks, (congrats by the way), I do have a little experience but I am overwhelmed with all the theory and ports and such. Any idea where I can get some virtual riouters and switches to play with?
  • Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    For the Network+, there is no need for emulators or real lab equipement. It's more about remembering and theory.
  • YesOffenseYesOffense Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    3Dtechguy wrote: »
    Took me 2 weeks and about 2 hrs a day of study time to pass. Although, I have prior networking knowledge and knew a good amount of the material already. I'd focus on common ports and the 7 layer model and what is associated with it. Also had quite a bit of wireless questions on there when I took it. I used the 7 layer model practice test on here to study a bit and I'm glad I did.

That's encouraging, hope to do the same.