Options

I got the job! In the NOC

LamplightLamplight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally got an offer from the company I really wanted to work for. The HR lady called me yesterday, so I'm excited. icon_cheers.gif

I start on November 5th, but have to sign the offer letter by Monday at 5 PM. I have to wait for them to do a background check; Even though a pass will probably happen I still get nervous about them, lol icon_confused.gif:

I'll get a couple more dollars on the hour. They give pretty good bonuses for Cisco Certifications. I'll be working directly with Cisco stuff, so it's very exciting. And the company is a Cisco Gold Partner. :)

The HR lady asked what shift I wanted. The first shift she gave me was 12AM - 8:30AM Tuesday - Saturday, - She did say I can get a second shift or first shift if I wanted. I'll be getting shift differential of $1 Tuesday-Thursday between 6-6; And on Fridays and Saturday's it will be $1.50 extra on the hour.

Well, just to let you know. I started my first real job out of college at Insight Communications(ISP) last year in Tech Support worked there for about a year but grew very tired of sales, and with the acquisition by Time Warner Cable it was getting more intense. Also, residential customers are mean, lol. So, I quit and started another job at CompuCom doing server administration. I like it and all, but I prefer Cisco stuff more.
Working On: eCPPT

Comments

• Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation! How is the job market in Louisville? I've been thinking about moving to Louisville or Lexington.

Residential customer support? Ugh, I can only imagine the horror stories. icon_surprised.gif
  • Options
    J_86 wrote: »
    Congratulation! How is the job market in Louisville? I've been thinking about moving to Louisville or Lexington. Residential customer support? Ugh, I can only imagine the horror stories. icon_surprised.gif
    Thank You, Very much.You know, the market is decent for IT. I get job offers all the time, but most of the jobs are temp. But, there are jobs out there. Every time I have put my resume out there I've got a call for a stepping stone job, so the market has been good to me.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    YFZblu wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Thanks!
  • Options
    neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
    Congrats and good to hear stories like yours, seems most people are able to move up a step after a few years at it, it gives me hope that I can do the same down the road.
    BAAS - Web and Media Design
    Working on A+
  • Options
    neo9006 wrote: »
    Congrats and good to hear stories like yours, seems most people are able to move up a step after a few years at it, it gives me hope that I can do the same down the road.

For sure, just keep up on the studies. Its hard sometimes, but it pay off.

Thank You!
  • Options
    someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lamplight wrote: »
    Thank You, Very much.You know, the market is decent for IT. I get job offers all the time, but most of the jobs are temp. But, there are jobs out there. Every time I have put my resume out there I've got a call for a stepping stone job, so the market has been good to me.

Congrats on the new gig! This is comforting since I live 40 miles from louisville Heh heh.
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Congrats!
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. You are officially a co-worker. :)
  • Options
    ziggi138 wrote: »
    Congrats. You are officially a co-worker. :)

Yes sir. I'm pretty excited!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good stuff man, Congrats!! Maybe hold off on the certs for a while and concentrate on getting yourself set in the new job. You need to create a good impression, the certs can (and should) come later.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    Good stuff man, Congrats!! Maybe hold off on the certs for a while and concentrate on getting yourself set in the new job. You need to create a good impression, the certs can (and should) come later.

For sure! I'm excited. Just waiting for the background check to come back. My start date is November 5th :)
  • Options
    nava87nava87 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You don't understand how happy I am to hear this. Congratulations.
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    I passed the background check and officially start on Monday. I'll be working Sunday - Thursday 9AM - 5:30PM

I'm very excited! I'll keep the updates coming :)
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This brings a smile to my face icon_thumright.gif . Really happy for you, even though I'm a complete stranger, it's kinda weird like that, how since I've started my quest towards certification and learning, I'm always really happy for people who are accomplishing those same goals and their hard work paying off.
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!! thats a nice start for your career ,work hard and good luck for the future
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    CamargovilleCamargoville Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, It's good to hear about other people in Kentucky succeeding. Hopefully I'll be in a more successful job position in the bluegrass.
    Dual Associate of Applied Science in Computer Engineering Technology and Electronic Engineering Technology.
    Spencerian College '09

Fedora, Ubuntu User
    Windows 7